• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, srezvan said:

Some of my finds at Tucson Comic Con this weekend. Very happy with what I paid for everything. I'm not sure what those cardboard things are. They look like the style of the the standees from the 90s, but they are not standees. The bottoms are too wide to really hold in a fist. Guy said they were from a comic shop. I've never seen the pennant before either. I can't say I'm a huge Alpha Flight fan, but this was just too strange to pass up. I also picked up a bunch of buttons. I think one is marked as made by Comic Images (likely the same company that made the cardboard things, and definitely made the standees). A nice variety, X-Men, GI Joe, Robotech, and Creepshow.

20191101_220417.jpg

I think the Cable and Wolverine heads were to fit in comic boxes and the heads sticking out.

56 minutes ago, spreads said:

Ya and probably bought a small pile of some other junk you didn't want to do them a favor....

Well, I will often buy some less prime stuff too in order to deemphasize the good stuff. I don't want them looking at 3 cherry picked books and deciding maybe they should do some research.

On 11/3/2019 at 4:27 PM, FlyingDonut said:

They wanted $2 each but I got them to three for $5. Figured that was an OK buy. Antique store in Delaplane, VA next to RDV vineyards (which is a spectacular wine).

fantasticfour049.jpeg

fantasticfour072.jpeg

thor165.jpeg

commenting  about how you worked a seller down on  a deal that already was a steal is not something you really need to do. Kind of reminds me of my uncle who was into antiques and he found a ceramic crock at a garage sale (probably worth $100 or so several years ago) for .50 he pointed out a small flaw and talked the buyer into .25 (kind of lost  a bit of respect for him that day). I know sometime people get caught up in the art of a deal but seems a bit unnecessary …......just my 2 cents

Edited by anstettoman

3 hours ago, anstettoman said:

commenting  about how you worked a seller down on  a deal that already was a steal is not something you really need to do. Kind of reminds me of my uncle who was into antiques and he found a ceramic crock at a garage sale (probably worth $100 or so several years ago) for .50 he pointed out a small flaw and talked the buyer into .25 (kind of lost  a bit of respect for him that day). I know sometime people get caught up in the art of a deal but seems a bit unnecessary …......just my 2 cents

Oh please you clowns. I had a WHOLE DOLLAR knocked off a sale AT AN ANTIQUES STORE. I guess I'm going to hell today.

9 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

I guess I'm going to hell today.

Going to hell?

No...not for that.

But, in general, you are a cheap, opportunistic m - - - - - - - - - - r ... just like most everyone else around here!!! :bigsmile:

Anyway and seriously -- I missed seeing you and the usual suspects at Baltimore this year.

What can I say?  I'm a reclusive drunk. 

Stage a show across the street from me and I probably still wouldn't show up. But that doesn't mean I'm not eternally fond of you all...

:foryou:  (thumbsu

-Mikey

17 minutes ago, jools&jim said:

Going to hell?

No...not for that.

But, in general, you are a cheap, opportunistic m - - - - - - - - - - r ... just like most everyone else around here!!! :bigsmile:

Anyway and seriously -- I missed seeing you and the usual suspects at Baltimore this year.

What can I say?  I'm a reclusive drunk. 

Stage a show across the street from me and I probably still wouldn't show up. But that doesn't mean I'm not eternally fond of you all...

:foryou:  (thumbsu

-Mikey

You should have come. The wall was glorious, just glorious. I've finally gotten him off his Golden Age On The Wall kick and it was just spectacular.