• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Dr Strange #173 is one of my fave SA covers :cloud9: All good scores!Hope the price was a bargain too!

I picked up 4 issues of the orig. secret wars (not 8) a few more 70's horror comics, the 1st ap of cap universe micronauts, and a few 170-200 xmen issues along with the pics I posted. Most I spent on any single comic was $10 total damage was $150. Alot of em were in the 1-3 dollar range. I think the dr. strange issues were 5 each.

4 minutes ago, unclezebo said:

I picked up 4 issues of the orig. secret wars (not 8) a few more 70's horror comics, the 1st ap of cap universe micronauts, and a few 170-200 xmen issues along with the pics I posted. Most I spent on any single comic was $10 total damage was $150. Alot of em were in the 1-3 dollar range. I think the dr. strange issues were 5 each.

Hey man,that's cheaper than getting a stack of moderns the same size,right?I'd be super happy!And it's a day out,no money spent on shipping,win win!

20 hours ago, srezvan said:

I've been on a bit of a buying drought recently. Between trying to reduce clutter and life obligations, I haven't made a lot of purchases. We went to two small, local toy shows yesterday and I picked through some unsorted short boxes. Some incredible finds. It's hard to pick a favorite, but maybe the X-Men #25 Gold. Under the table he was using the Marvel box as storage, so I bought that, too. Pretty good shape, actually. The OverPower flyer was only distributed at SDCC for the tournament there back in 1995, and I've never seen one before in person - not that anyone here really cares, but as a collector and player of OverPower, it's an incredible find. The GPK store poster will join the rest of my GPK collection. I also picked up some toys and other goodies, that I'll post elsewhere.

20200126_111323.jpg

20200126_114851.jpg

20200126_115152.jpg

20200126_115159.jpg

GPK3rdSeriesPoster.jpg

OverPowerComicConAd.jpg

Ha, I got one of those green Marvel boxes too!  A collector had brought his collection of books sitting in a closet for 20+ years and the box was a part of it.

22 hours ago, srezvan said:

I've been on a bit of a buying drought recently. Between trying to reduce clutter and life obligations, I haven't made a lot of purchases. We went to two small, local toy shows yesterday and I picked through some unsorted short boxes. Some incredible finds. It's hard to pick a favorite, but maybe the X-Men #25 Gold. Under the table he was using the Marvel box as storage, so I bought that, too. Pretty good shape, actually. The OverPower flyer was only distributed at SDCC for the tournament there back in 1995, and I've never seen one before in person - not that anyone here really cares, but as a collector and player of OverPower, it's an incredible find. The GPK store poster will join the rest of my GPK collection. I also picked up some toys and other goodies, that I'll post elsewhere.

20200126_111323.jpg

20200126_114851.jpg

20200126_115152.jpg

20200126_115159.jpg

GPK3rdSeriesPoster.jpg

OverPowerComicConAd.jpg

!

@srezvan congrats on the score! I've been looking for one of those green Marvel boxes for a while. if you decide to turn it loose, hit me up!

7 hours ago, F For Fake said:

!

@srezvan congrats on the score! I've been looking for one of those green Marvel boxes for a while. if you decide to turn it loose, hit me up!

I think it's in my permanent collection. I remember seeing one here on the boards for the first time a while ago, so I recognized it immediately when I saw it. It's already on the shelf in my office.

15 hours ago, srezvan said:

I think it's in my permanent collection. I remember seeing one here on the boards for the first time a while ago, so I recognized it immediately when I saw it. It's already on the shelf in my office.

I don't blame you! I've been looking for a while. I had one when I was a kid, I guess it came with one of those comic book collector kits you got through Sears or JC Penney, I used to get one of those every xmas. Wish I'd held onto it, you don't see them often!

2 hours ago, Conacon said:

Came across this in a stack of Archie and Richie Rich at a flea market today. I made the comment that I was only looking for superhero comics just as I flipped to this...

20200201_160227.jpg

He said to make an offer and I just gestured at it dumbfounded. He finally said $5 and I asked my daughter what she thought (she didn't know what it was yet) and then said OK. 

Good one!

For a free book box,library the price was right!I always rescue old kiddy books,and Lulu has a pretty decent fan base.

@Robot Man,I thought you'd dig the other,both,as you've more ken on this stuff than me,I thought of you just as I found them

t8NxiBa.jpg?1

5QJ1Kdm.jpg?1

@KirbyJack I'm at it again!

Edited by porcupine48

34 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

For a free vook box,library the price was right!I always rescue old kiddy books,and Lulu has a pretty decent fan base.

@Robot Man,I thought you'd dig the other,both,as you've more ken on this stuff than me,I thought of you just as I found them

t8NxiBa.jpg?1

@KirbyJack I'm at it again!

Just using your head. Smart pick up!

7 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Just using your head. Smart pick up!

Thank you sir! And free?C'mon!

There was a beautiful Bambi too,saving that for the Quill thread.So much to post,I let it build up!

Edited by porcupine48

7 hours ago, Conacon said:

He said to make an offer and I just gestured at it dumbfounded. He finally said $5 and I asked my daughter what she thought (she didn't know what it was yet) and then said OK. 

Isn't this where we make you feel guilty, and say you should have given him more?  (I jest, as I am of the camp that the seller, should educate themselves as close to the buyer as possible, otherwise, no complaining). 

20 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

Isn't this where we make you feel guilty, and say you should have given him more?  (I jest, as I am of the camp that the seller, should educate themselves as close to the buyer as possible, otherwise, no complaining). 

I thought about that after the fact, but he told me that he'd just read it, so he had to know the centerfold was detached and did not bother to disclose it. My line of thinking is that at this flea market you've got people asking $100 for antiques/junk/hand-made etc. that might fetch $20 elsewhere. A lot of these people spend the month leading up raiding yard sales for inventory. You can bet they are buying cheap and selling high whenever possible.  

7 hours ago, Conacon said:

I thought about that after the fact, but he told me that he'd just read it, so he had to know the centerfold was detached and did not bother to disclose it. My line of thinking is that at this flea market you've got people asking $100 for antiques/junk/hand-made etc. that might fetch $20 elsewhere. A lot of these people spend the month leading up raiding yard sales for inventory. You can bet they are buying cheap and selling high whenever possible.  

Or not selling at all....I would say the turnover ratio in comics of antique dealers is as low as you can get!  Anytime I talk to an antique dealer having comics with little or no resale value the story is always the same, came across a collection or a store buyout years ago.  The stuff either sells immediately or sits forever.