• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Nov 17, 18  I'm scanning the type of offerings at this yard sale and I see a lot of recent release DC comics and some new DC t shirts some with Sgt Joe on them. I ask how much the comics are and I'm told 10 cents each! I'm getting the sense the seller might be someone special.. I know I've seen that face somewhere before. Once I mentioned his name he told me to take all his comics free of charge! It was Andy Kubert's yard sale! He didn't let me leave without signing his Giant Size Superman!

That's awesome for sure! What a story that comes with the books :) and the sig too!

17 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Nov 17, 18  I'm scanning the type of offerings at this yard sale and I see a lot of recent release DC comics and some new DC t shirts some with Sgt Joe on them. I ask how much the comics are and I'm told 10 cents each! I'm getting the sense the seller might be someone special.. I know I've seen that face somewhere before. Once I mentioned his name he told me to take all his comics free of charge! It was Andy Kubert's yard sale! He didn't let me leave without signing his Giant Size Superman!

7FD408DA-005E-4575-84B1-1E4B7B807386.jpeg

095CA38C-BEBD-4115-BF55-D7B00786C839.jpeg

a 12.24.31 PM.jpg

I am growing more and more fond of his work. Ka-zar was awesome. When I am listing books for sale I find myself taking a second look at a lot of Andy Kubert books.

1 hour ago, Bird said:

I am growing more and more fond of his work. Ka-zar was awesome. When I am listing books for sale I find myself taking a second look at a lot of Andy Kubert books.

Me too.. mad underrated... especially on the important X-Men and Batman runs.. one of the best the past 20 years. super gorgeous pencils

2 hours ago, littledoom said:

Nov 17, 18  I'm scanning the type of offerings at this yard sale and I see a lot of recent release DC comics and some new DC t shirts some with Sgt Rock on them. I ask how much the comics are and I'm told 10 cents each! I'm getting the sense the seller might be someone special.. I know I've seen that face somewhere before. Once I mentioned his name he told me to take all his comics free of charge! It was Andy Kubert's yard sale! He didn't let me leave without signing his Giant Size Superman!

7FD408DA-005E-4575-84B1-1E4B7B807386.jpeg

095CA38C-BEBD-4115-BF55-D7B00786C839.jpeg

a 12.24.31 PM.jpg

Loving your finds doom! Especially like this one. What a cool guy!

Flea market find a few years ago. I think he was asking $2 each. I made him a deal for the whole pile. A hour or so later, a friend walked up and showed me a similar haul and included was one of those cool Alfred E Neuman mail away busts from 1960. He had to "pony up" to $4. for the bust...:roflmao: Turns out, it was the same guy I hit. Guess he had some more in the truck.

mad:helpfindlb 5:20:18a.jpg

mad:helpfindlb 5:20:18b.jpg

27 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Flea market find a few years ago. I think he was asking $2 each. I made him a deal for the whole pile. A hour or so later, a friend walked up and showed me a similar haul and included was one of those cool Alfred E Neuman mail away busts from 1960. He had to "pony up" to $4. for the bust...:roflmao: Turns out, it was the same guy I hit. Guess he had some more in the truck.

mad:helpfindlb 5:20:18a.jpg

mad:helpfindlb 5:20:18b.jpg

the Halloween cover bottom left is one of my favorites

38 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Not comics but one of my better flea market finds. Found this rolled up in a box of photos. Wasn't going to look but something told me to. I started to unroll it and in the bottom right corner it said "Pittsburg Pirates, Spring Training March 1937 Colton, CA". I looked up from the bottom and noticed signatures above the players in different old fountain pens. The last guy on the right was Honus Wagner!. As a coach but what a coach. Also included were several later HOF players like Archy Vaughn, Pie Trainor and several others. I asked the lady the price and she replied it was on the back. In the upper right corner was penciled $18. I just handed her a twenty, told her to keep the change and beat it!

piratesphoto1.jpg

piratesphoto3.jpg

piratesphoto2.jpg

That is an awesome find!

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Not comics but one of my better flea market finds. Found this rolled up in a box of photos. Wasn't going to look but something told me to. I started to unroll it and in the bottom right corner it said "Pittsburg Pirates, Spring Training March 1937 Colton, CA". I looked up from the bottom and noticed signatures above the players in different old fountain pens. The last guy on the right was Honus Wagner!. As a coach but what a coach. Also included were several later HOF players like Archy Vaughn, Pie Trainor and several others. I asked the lady the price and she replied it was on the back. In the upper right corner was penciled $18. I just handed her a twenty, told her to keep the change and beat it!

piratesphoto1.jpg

piratesphoto3.jpg

piratesphoto2.jpg

Outstanding!  Do you still have it?  

27 minutes ago, the blob said:

I miss being able to go outside and hoping to find this sort of stuff.

Me too. I miss seeing my kids and grand daughters much more. 

Was talking to one of my real hard core flea market junkie friends yesterday. We both said the same thing. But we both agreed that we miss our friends out there a lot more than the junk it’s self. 

This whole thing has really gotton me to see life in entirely manner. Maybe a good thing when it is all said and done.

I suspect it will probably be at least 4 months before the flea markets open up again here...:sorry:

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Was talking to one of my real hard core flea market junkie friends yesterday. We both said the same thing. But we both agreed that we miss our friends out there a lot more than the junk it’s self. 

This whole thing has really gotton me to see life in entirely manner. Maybe a good thing when it is all said and done.

I suspect it will probably be at least 4 months before the flea markets open up again here...:sorry:

I am around my kids 24/7. I could use a break.

I feel bad for all you normals!This is nothing to me lol It'll get better Bob,blob,everyone.Just think how sweet the air will be and the light so bright,the music so sweet when things get better.

Here's a never happens tale!Years back this tape was included in a box I got as a freebie.This winter I found the book in a local free library box.Just last night going through a junque drawer I found the cassette,totally had forgotten I had it.I'm thrilled-this stuff never happens.Kismet.Forgot what I was originally looking for too

4W2tbzE.jpg?2

11 hours ago, the blob said:

I am around my kids 24/7. I could use a break.

My daughter is in the same boat. She goes to work and her kids go to pre school. Now they are all home and she is losing her mind. Just got to set new routines and learn to live with it...

I actually got a little score about a week ago. Was looking at my estate app. As I figured, most were canceled. Saw one that had pictures of stuff for sale. One of the photos showed these.

Crappy photo but the person didn’t seem to know anything about them so I inquired via email about condition and price. Heard right back. Negotiated a little and agreed to dive about 30 minutes to meet him. 

Got off the freeway and immediately noticed cops every where. Kind of weird. Pulled up and the guy was waiting out side. He put them on the roof of my car. I took a look. They were VERY nice. I put the cash on the grass and stepped back. We chatted a bit about how weird this was and I was on my way.

Seemed kind of dangerous but fun. Never thought I would get a score like this during a pandemic! 

44F173E1-080C-4EC3-9A9B-AD06030FB459.jpeg

Cops probably saw you and thought drug deal going down, not important like Covid, carry on!