• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Man, I really miss flea markets, antique shows and cons too. So many missed opportunities. Has always been the best place to make lucky scores. 

About 2 years ago I was at a flea market and spotted a guy pulling comics out of a box. The lady wanted $2. each. He was stacking them up. A long run of Walking Dead. I saw #3,7,12...probably about 30-40 of them as well as a bunch of similar stuff. All I could do was stand there and quietly watch. He was there just before me. After he paid and walked away, I approached him with a smile and congrats. He showed me what he got. A near complete run of 1-35. As well as a bunch of other similar stuff from that era. Cool guy and although disapointed, was happy for him. 

I have learned to keep my mouth shut when this happens. No sense in upsetting the seller or ruining his lucky find. I have been in the same situation and there is nothing worse than having some pushy, aggressive loud mouth person try to ruin my deal. 

Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. If you do it enough, your time will come...

Had a similar thing happen this last weekend at a flea market. I fellow JUST beat me to a booth that was selling comics by the quantity, not individually priced. Saw him with a beautiful stack of late silver, early bronze age stuff in really great condition. Told the guy he picked out 44 book, and the seller didn't bother to look at any of them just said $120. I kept my mouth shut, waited for him to finish up then I went digging through the boxes and grabbed some things for myself. Would be quite asinine for me to raise a stink or say something! 

So, you get ones that go bad, and some that are OK.

Simpsons #1 - #60 plus assorted randoms (already sold some before pic)

Edited by Beige

Went to Niagara Falls this morning after seeing a FB Marketplace advertisement for a yard sale.

Got there five minutes after it opened only to learn the comics sold on Friday, the first day of the sale.  I have an idea what was in the box. 

1.png.7fe51c1d6afb66757e14d369c4a2862c.png

On 9/9/2020 at 11:10 AM, Robot Man said:

Man, I really miss flea markets, antique shows and cons too. So many missed opportunities. Has always been the best place to make lucky scores. 

About 2 years ago I was at a flea market and spotted a guy pulling comics out of a box. The lady wanted $2. each. He was stacking them up. A long run of Walking Dead. I saw #3,7,12...probably about 30-40 of them as well as a bunch of similar stuff. All I could do was stand there and quietly watch. He was there just before me. After he paid and walked away, I approached him with a smile and congrats. He showed me what he got. A near complete run of 1-35. As well as a bunch of other similar stuff from that era. Cool guy and although disapointed, was happy for him. 

I have learned to keep my mouth shut when this happens. No sense in upsetting the seller or ruining his lucky find. I have been in the same situation and there is nothing worse than having some pushy, aggressive loud mouth person try to ruin my deal. 

Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. If you do it enough, your time will come...

Just got back from one of the only Sunday flea markets on the South Shore... usual things like broken tools, sports cards, underwear, T-Mobile, used video games without packaging or instructions.  Usually anything that is of notice is incomplete and at a mint price.  Loose Boba Fett Star Wars figure with major paint rub?  Ask was $50.  Comics in G condition asking F-VF pricing.  Used Lego sets that may or may not be complete were offered at full retail boxed to retired collector prices. 

I picked up one Star Wars figure in about C-8 condition (after a good cleaning) that did not have his weapon since I already had an extra at home.  For something to flip through I picked up a Mystery in Space comic for a $5 (looks so much nicer in a fresh bag and board).   I went through things for about an hour and a half and that was all that seemed worth bringing home.  

This goes on every week but this is only the second time I have gone this year. 

Vendors must wear masks and gloves.   Patrons must wear masks.  (I also wear gloves) and kindly tell other patrons to back the F up unless they want me to back them the F up myself when one guy was hovering over me as I was flipping through things.  The last time I was attended, there was a guy that was going off that people should not have to wear masks.   The Vendors themselves told him that they would not sell to him unless he wore a mask.  Then he yelled out that everything or something was "retarded".  At that point, and I was impressed, the vendors and other patrons started criticizing him and they refused to sell to him asking him to leave.  It was nice to see to him learn that his money wasn't green. 

Will I go back again?  Probably not.  Things like that are at test run for whether or not I will attend comic art con in NJ at the end of the month or go to a show again in the near future.  I am not comfortable with the idea of people hovering over me and people walking around or flipping through boxes with their masks on their chins.   One guy was doing that was coughing aloud.  As the weather is starting to cool here on Long Island, you do wake up each morning with a slight bit of congestion which is normal.  However it should also be normal to have the social grace to wear a mask or cover your mouth.  Sadly that is lost on some people. 

IMG_9991.jpeg

Ah yes, the Bellmore flea. I am convinced that if you went up to any of the regular sellers and offered to buy them out they would refuse on the grounds that they would then have nothing to do the following weekend!

I hit up one garage sale in Bellmore Saturday morning that said "comic art" in the listing. To this seller, that meant a framed promo poster for the Netflix Defenders series. doh!   All was not lost, however, as he had some books and I found two volumes of the Library of Graphic Novelists - Art Spiegelman and Will Eisner. Pretty cool thin little hardcovers and a steal at $3 each.

4 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Auction Saturday....

Paid a bunch for the HOS 92 and Spidey but the romance were a great deal at like $3 each....the 100 page Love Stories is a real toughie to find!

20200913_134559.jpg

$3 each for the Romance books? Eventually, the authorities are going to catch up to you.:kidaround:

10 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Otherwise, there was a nice Nexus magazine with the flexi disc intact for 50 cents, and then a stack of drek only I care about, like more copies of Excalibur Special 1 and Strikefore Morituri 1 for my horde, and some random issues of Justice League and Aliens. All in all a fun morning of digging, and not a total waste of time.

IMG_1387.JPG

I have no idea why that Excalibur special isn't more valuable. First appearance of the team, great Alan Davis art, higher cover price (so it didn't sell nearly as well as the first issue of the regular series). I buy them all the time, too.