• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,840 posts in this topic

On 12/14/2020 at 7:36 AM, porcupine48 said:

Andy,that looks so great altogether! Do you figure your prices is greenbacks or your dollar if I may ask for curiosity sakes?(edit-saw an earlier post saying USDollar)

Hope you're well mate.

Thanks - I convert to USD everytime, using the days exchange rate.

Merry Xmas Jimmers.

23 hours ago, Sferg said:

I just had my own little Christmas at a used bookstore in a little town called Owosso, Michigan. This was a total of 18 dollars! Score! 😃20201214_131821.thumb.jpg.cb602580e4c7e9f5cc77110dc0333765.jpg

20201214_131834.jpg

20201214_131852.jpg

20201214_131911.jpg

20201214_131924.jpg

20201214_131936.jpg

20201214_131948.jpg

Owosso? City of my birth, and where I work currently. Back here in the late 60's/early 70's there was a used bookstore that sold comics. I think I was around ten when I first went there with my mother. Imagine a 8ft table stacked with comics close to a foot high in the middle, all with comics from the 60's and older, ten cents each, yeah, those were the good days. That store closed I think before 1980.

You were lucky to find the above and I say congrats to you. Every time in recent years that I have looked for second hand comics they have been modern drek going for high prices around this area. But that had mostly been the estate sales I've checked out.

I believe there is still a hobby store downtown that also sells comics, at least they used to but I have not been there in a long time. Also I think Jellybeans east of town sells comics, but I've not been there in a while either. 

Edited by ThreeSeas
grammar

3 hours ago, ThreeSeas said:

Owosso? City of my birth, and where I work currently. Back here in the late 60's/early 70's there was a used bookstore that sold comics. I think I was around ten when I first went there with my mother. Imagine a 8ft table stacked with comics close to a foot high in the middle, all with comics from the 60's and older, ten cents each, yeah, those were the good days. That store closed I think before 1980.

You were lucky to find the above and I say congrats to you. Every time in recent years that I have looked for second hand comics they have been modern drek going for high prices around this area. But that had mostly been the estate sales I've checked out.

I believe there is still a hobby store downtown that also sells comics, at least they used to but I have not been there in a long time. Also I think Jellybeans east of town sells comics, but I've not been there in a while either. 

Oh wow yeah this was Jellybeans! I picked through the rest today, he had a whole wall of loose comics, probably 20,000 total. Took me 2 1/2 days to go through them all lol

18 hours ago, Sferg said:

Oh wow yeah this was Jellybeans! I picked through the rest today, he had a whole wall of loose comics, probably 20,000 total. Took me 2 1/2 days to go through them all lol

Wow, that tells me how long it's been since I was there, a few years I think, because when I was last there they only had about half of a short box of way overpriced comics.

Getting comics for a halfway decent price around this area in recent years had been a bit tough. Most people think that they own a bar of gold or something and want way too much - I think a few were the ones from the 90's that bought into "buy multiple copies and put your kids through college with the profits" mentality.

All I can say is if you all aren't checking your local pawn shops, you're missing out! About a third have a stack sitting somewhere and most are clueless and I've gotten some gems at almost all of them.

Today I got a 9.0ish edge of spider verse 2 first print with 2 others for 5 bucks out of a short box behind the counter at a pawn shop. Took it my local comic shop and turned it into a Thor God of Thunder 2 and a slab worthy Vader 3 Aphra. Not bad for 5 bucks and a little driving!

Pawn shops are the best hidden gems I've found!

20201216_153453.jpg

On 12/13/2020 at 11:07 PM, followtheleader said:

Oh lord, that is a saucy quote for an Archie book.  AHAHAHAHAHA

Patrick

They're not really wearing pink, so I'm kind of thinking the innuendo was intentional

On 12/14/2020 at 2:12 PM, porcupine48 said:

And this sweet little price variant was the other third.Need to head back and dig some more

131579663_383163912790626_83786263080000

I have tried selling those variants for a premium. Unsuccessfully. Nobody even gives a lowball offer. Maybe one day the market will care.

On 12/5/2020 at 9:52 PM, Rip said:

I thought this was fun. Lunch boxes in very nice shape. All unused.

star wars lunch boxs.jpg

startreksuperman.jpg

insidesuperman.jpg

empireinside.jpg

seeing these pictures instantly sent me back to grade school, the dark lunchroom and the smell of that room

thank you

On 12/17/2020 at 4:42 PM, the blob said:

I have tried selling those variants for a premium. Unsuccessfully. Nobody even gives a lowball offer. Maybe one day the market will care.

Out of a buck box I'm happy to grab these oddballs.Likely have grabbed it to read anyways!

2 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Why half off of very hot, already graded 9.8 keys?

PM sent.