• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,840 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

First flea market for me in over a year. This is one of the Chicago suburb’s longer-running shows. It’s sad to see all the engraved rocks, gutter guard and bath-fitter booths where there used to be antiques, but I did manage to find a handful of cool comics sensibly priced. I was a little dismayed that my bulk candy guy wasn’t there, however. Next time, hopefully. :wishluck:

91F5D247-F792-41D0-8D4E-818DC21A0F7F.jpeg

I love that tale to astonish ,great find (thumbsu

13 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

First flea market for me in over a year. This is one of the Chicago suburb’s longer-running shows. It’s sad to see all the engraved rocks, gutter guard and bath-fitter booths where there used to be antiques, but I did manage to find a handful of cool comics sensibly priced. I was a little dismayed that my bulk candy guy wasn’t there, however. Next time, hopefully. :wishluck:

Kane?

12 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

91F5D247-F792-41D0-8D4E-818DC21A0F7F.jpeg

Flea market comic finds, how I’ve missed them...:x

Most of our’s are either back or coming next month. My favorite one opens in May. 

Hoping all my favorite dealers come back and have been putting away some good stuff. 

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Flea market comic finds, how I’ve missed them...:x

Most of our’s are either back or coming next month. My favorite one opens in May. 

Hoping all my favorite dealers come back and have been putting away some good stuff. 

Many of the regular dealers were absent. Most of the regulars were the retail guys, with critically-priced man-cave items. Just like your trade stimulator guy, you're not going to make a score with them. The pickers I have success with most often were missing, but it's early in the season.  :wishluck:

A few of the bigger cleanout guys were there with their big gaylord pallet boxes that they basically dump on the ground. It sure draws a crowd, but the good stuff never makes it to the pavement, as you well know, and I have a pretty generous definition when it comes to the "good stuff."

I figured it would be slim pickings, but it was an unseasonably nice day and I just wanted to be out and about. :cloud9:

I mean, after I figure in the admission and my gas, nevermind my time, I could've bought a few Dell giants and the Howdy from MyComicShop and probably have broken even, but what's the fun in that??

Edited by PopKulture

47 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

Sshhh... :gossip:

You wouldn't want everyone to find out where to buy dog rawhides and 3 for $10 sunglasses, now would you??  :nyah:

I too enjoy the candy guy; usually has a good price on trail mix and such.

I was wondering when Kane would open back up. Do you have regular comic guys you hit up? I remember only a couple. 

6 hours ago, manetteska said:

I too enjoy the candy guy; usually has a good price on trail mix and such.

I was wondering when Kane would open back up. Do you have regular comic guys you hit up? I remember only a couple. 

It's hit or miss with the older stuff I like. Usually there are a few guys with long boxes full of 90's drek, and then a dealer or two with some higher-priced bronze and beat-up silver (think Marvel Two-In-One or a Bomba 6, with a smattering of 20-cent cover price Superman's). The better deals usually come when a toy guy with a realistic sense of prices drags along a few boxes of miscellaneous gold, silver and bronze, which is where I picked up the few books pictured above. 

When the market is functioning on all cylinders, like the pre-covid days, the really good stuff disappears with the flashlight crowd (guys with season passes or who ride in with a dealer friend).*

The early birds don't always get the worm though; every once in a while, a dealer will put stuff out just before the show opens. Or right after it opens, as they're still unpacking their vehicle. I found some great Atlas war books that way once. At the time they were only worth $5 to 10, but I saw them just as the lady was putting them out, and many of my fellow collectors/rivals had already made their early-bird rounds. Funny, it was all war except a bunch of later issues of Mr. District Attorney.

* Many years ago, I saw a local dealer/picker leaving a show with a railroad cart overflowing with killer paper, just as it was opening, and there were stacks of shudder pulps like Terror Tales mixed in with Harrison mags like Titter and Wink. And this is a guy who never bulks stuff out or passes on his good fortune. I can attest faithfully that such a sight will leave you a bit deflated as you start your day at the flea... doh!

Edited by PopKulture