• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

So I dropped by an estate sale less than a block from my house and came across a large collection of Avalon Hill and a few other companies board games. At $5.00 each I had to make an offer and got 21 games for $75.00.

Not comics but a cool find nonetheless.

IMG_4211.jpg

Very cool. Did they have any D&D stuff?

So I dropped by an estate sale less than a block from my house and came across a large collection of Avalon Hill and a few other companies board games. At $5.00 each I had to make an offer and got 21 games for $75.00.

Not comics but a cool find nonetheless.

IMG_4211.jpg

Very cool. Did they have any D&D stuff?

Nope...nor comics which is what I was really looking for, of course. I have played most of them in the past but its been...15, 20 years maybe. Ill probably keep the ones with easier rules and sell the more complicated ones....my Grognard days are over. I dont have the stamina for it anymore.

I think that ASL starter kit is newer, I've never seen it. Gunslinger used to get good money, it may still. Flat top too. Unless the others are unpunched not sure how much more you'll get.

consimworld.com

boardgamegeek.com

I think that ASL starter kit is newer, I've never seen it. Gunslinger used to get good money, it may still. Flat top too. Unless the others are unpunched not sure how much more you'll get.

consimworld.com

boardgamegeek.com

I have a friend here at work who is a prominent poster on BGG and has the largest game collection Ive ever seen...maybe 1000 or more board games. He is interested in 4 or 5 of them. I dont think any of them will make me a big chunk of cash but I can probably get my money back and maybe a little extra.

Went to an auction last Saturday, picked up a comics spinner, nice condition, the 5 side with Hey! Kids Comics on one side.... for Nine Bucks. Best deal I've found in a long time.

I've had some success at flea markets in the past, but nothing phenominal as of late. Picked these up two weeks ago:

$4.00

GIJoe.jpg

Looks like a McFarlane bitter to me doh!

That number "1" is a cool azz cover... :cloud9:

My fun find of the day came from the local Goodwill.

At 3.99 compared to the 34.95 back in 1987 when it came out I figured I got a good deal even though it is not close to being in mint condition. Its a huge book with lots of reading.

s001.jpg

Nice Uncle Scrooge book find there. The local GW is a great place to pick up kid's books for cheap, I think the most one can spend there even on hardcovers is just like $4.00. I picked up some sealed Disney movie books there once in a while for gifts.

My fun find of the day came from the local Goodwill.

At 3.99 compared to the 34.95 back in 1987 when it came out I figured I got a good deal even though it is not close to being in mint condition. Its a huge book with lots of reading.

s001.jpg

That's a great find! :applause:

I picked up a nice comic spinner rack tonight. It needs to be cleaned up first so I'll take pics tomorrow and post them here. (thumbs u

Here's the pics of the comic spinner rack I picked up last night. Got 'er cleaned up this morning and she looks nice!

ComicSpinnerRack1.jpg

ComicSpinnerRack2.jpg

ComicSpinnerRack3.jpg

I think there's a total of 72 slots for raw comics, 3 "Hot Picks" bins and 5 plastic bins for Archie Comics Digests. 4 of the 5 small plastic bins say "Archie Digests" on them and the 5th one says "Harvey Comics". I didn't know Harvey printed any comics digests. (shrug)

Does anybody know where I might get 5 more of the comics digest bins? I have room for a total of 10 but only 5 came with the spinner rack.

Sooooooo........freaking.......cool.....