• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #129 CGC 9.6 NM+

91 posts in this topic

I gotta say, in response to all this thread crapping, it seems to me that if folks just ignored it the harm would be minimal. If someone tosses a "brown stinky one" at a seller, that's a single post. Leave it be and move on. Or, quote the offending post in the General Discussion thread and let the madness run its course there.

No?

Seems like Paratrooper and I are on the Probation list. If he isn't. He should be... Right Paratrooper?? If you post the :takeit: you should buy the book. That's what you said to me. I hope you don't or can't have kids. Morals and such...You said the same thing to me in the thread that got me a weeks vacation. Turn around is indeed fair play.

:applause:Spoken like a true gentleman TFL :golfclap:

lol lol

Seems like Paratrooper and I are on the Probation list. If he isn't. He should be... Right Paratrooper?? If you post the :takeit: you should buy the book. That's what you said to me. I hope you don't or can't have kids. Morals and such...You said the same thing to me in the thread that got me a weeks vacation. Turn around is indeed fair play.

:applause:Spoken like a true gentleman TFL :golfclap:

lol lol

lollollol

I wonder if Paratrooper will be santioned by the mod's once someone alerts them to his behavior hm

As far as probation goes ...I agree with you 100% !

Well. Guess I will put in my two cents.

I too went through the "ringer" when I first posted something for sale here. The general consensus at the time was that "no one knew me" and "I had not been here and participated long enough to have the "right" to post something for sale without being in the "click"".

I can go along with that, to a point. It could be debated (which it has been many times).

But paratrooper, a long time participant and who has a "general" reputation as a member in good standing in the collecting community, was totally out of line with posting his "I'll take it". Unless he means he will "take it".

I noticed that paratrooper was having some "fun" on Ebay with agreeing to purchase books that he had no intention of purchasing, because he deemed the sellers on Ebay as being scam artists.

Well, this brings two things to mind, IMO.

paratrooper does not care one wit about his reputation and that there is not much difference between those alleged scam artists on Ebay that he had fun with, and his own actions of agreeing to purchase books, that he was actually not agreeing to purchase. paratroopers actions are also a scam.

If someone agrees to purchase a book, be it for real or for fun and fake, then what are the options of the possible other interested parties and the seller? Wait and see? Ignore paratrooper from here on out? Post a little sign that reads "I'll take it if paratrooper is just having fun or trying in his lame way to make a point"?

I hereby pledge that IF and WHEN I post anything for sale on here, I will ignore any agreements from paratrooper to purchase any of my items. Period. So don't bother.

I could also pledge to post an "I'll take it" on any and all of his for sale items, just for fun.

But I won't. It would be wrong to him and others.

No matter what he deserves. No matter how much fun it would be for me.

As to the original poster of this thread. Well, I just don't have enough info to purchase items from him (although I would be comfortable using PayPal to do so), and I will not judge him without sufficent evidence or information to do so.

A few questions in the beginning would have been fine and dandy, and actually should be mandatory with high value items. But posting an agreement to buy his item, without caveat such as "pending scans" or "pending PM answers to certain questions", or even a request for references. Is just plain wrong and has no place on these boards (nor Ebay).

P.S. paratrooper: posting laughing graemlins during conversations concerning your behavior, only cements the opinion of many of us. That you have "issues" concerning mental stability and could care less about your reputation. Additionally, it envokes the opinion that you can not be taken seriously. Maybe you just need a little vacation?

I would buy into this, though as Brent and Jive have already articulated really well, this kind of discussion tends to happen without paying any thought or attention to who its being directed at and often takes on a life of its own. I posted a sales thread awhile back and it was this form of senseless rambling which made me realize that I really shouldn't bother selling on the boards.

What did you object to in your FF #48 CGC 9.6 sales thread? It looked like people were just chattering about the current CGC Census population counts and why FF48 is a comparatively high population book. I guess you just felt that detracted from your audience by painting the book as highly available?

Trying to reason with Paratrooper is pointless. the most you will get is aclaim Graemlins or idiotic comments, the guys pathetic, and it takes a lot for me to say that about someone!

This is the guy who thought it funny to bid on an Ebay auction for an Avengers #4 he had no intention of paying for, simply because he thought it wasnt legit. Well, it was Legit. He ed with that auction and he ed with this one!

The mans station in life shoud proclaim Honor, he didnt show it here thats for sure and he rarely shows it on these boards IMO.

I think we should expect so much more from forum members.

He deserves a strike!

I don't care to opine on this particular thread, except to note that Paratrooper is getting a lot of heat, and had he not chosen to resurrect this 2 month old thread himself, this debate over whether his initial post was appropriate or not would not have taken place.

Trying to reason with Paratrooper is pointless. the most you will get is aclaim Graemlins or idiotic comments, the guys pathetic, and it takes a lot for me to say that about someone!

This is the guy who thought it funny to bid on an Ebay auction for an Avengers #4 he had no intention of paying for, simply because he thought it wasnt legit. Well, it was Legit. He ed with that auction and he ed with this one!

The mans station in life shoud proclaim Honor, he didnt show it here thats for sure and he rarely shows it on these boards IMO.

He deserves a strike!

guy's

wasn't

He deserves a strike!

:golfclap: (thumbs u :applause: