• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #129 CGC 9.6 NM+

91 posts in this topic

FOR THE RECORD....AND FOR WHATEVER IT IS WORTH...I PURCHASED THE BOOK FROM THIS GENTLEMAN AND IS BEAUTIFUL !!!

BEST,

"THE EVIL DR.FRANKENSTEIN" :banana: :banana:

Is this a joke?

No. I trust his credentials just like everyone else's on the internet. ^^

FOR THE RECORD....AND FOR WHATEVER IT IS WORTH...I PURCHASED THE BOOK FROM THIS GENTLEMAN AND IS BEAUTIFUL !!!

BEST,

"THE EVIL DR.FRANKENSTEIN" :banana: :banana:

Is this a joke?

NO...It is not a joke, I thought this was his second copy up for sale at 1st , I then realized it is the same copy I bought over a month ago.... :roflmao:

:applause:This means that even though the genius thread dumper(s) were ridiculously rude, and in my opinion wrong , they didn't do as much damage as they could have had the thread been current :applause:

The original poster..hmm.. When I first joined this site I did the same thing right off the bat.. posted a high $ book for sale and got attacked.. but It didn't matter to me cause I knew I was legit and I responded to everyones questions and concerns. The attacking ended right away..and stopped forever after my first sale (Thanks Gator)..

To people that say the original poster doesn't need to tell people about himself or explain a bit on selling such a big ticket book right off the bat is silly. It takes ten minutes and if he's legit he will right himself in no time. I don't see what the big deal is in asking the guy some questions...

The original poster..hmm.. When I first joined this site I did the same thing right off the bat.. posted a high $ book for sale and got attacked.. but It didn't matter to me cause I knew I was legit and I responded to everyones questions and concerns. The attacking ended right away..and stopped forever after my first sale (Thanks Gator)..

To people that say the original poster doesn't need to tell people about himself or explain a bit on selling such a big ticket book right off the bat is silly. It takes ten minutes and if he's legit he will right himself in no time. I don't see what the big deal is in asking the guy some questions...

Very true and an almost identical situation that I laid out. By the way, that was an awesome Cap 1, I wish I could have bought it...

Questioning the guy's references is fine. Posting a :takeit: with no intent to pay is in poor taste.

What is going on these days in the selling forum? It used to be a really cool place to buy and sell books. I guess there's too many newbies and a few people have been burned.

Posting here:

1. Without credentials

2. Without being an active and upstanding forum member

3. Only coming on here to sell books

Makes this place no better than ebay, if not worse. If you see me posting in an antagonistic manner with people like this, it's because I really do have forum members best interest in mind. This place is a great venue for selling books, but if we keep having new members only coming on here to sell, and not contribute...we'll see a lot more scams and degredation of what makes the CGC forum boards so special.

Put me on the probation list, I guarantee it that the people I regularly buy from will still sell to me.

I would buy into this, though as Brent and Jive have already articulated really well, this kind of discussion tends to happen without paying any thought or attention to who its being directed at and often takes on a life of its own. I posted a sales thread awhile back and it was this form of senseless rambling which made me realize that I really shouldn't bother selling on the boards. I've contributed here, been a long standing member, and since that experience, whenever I hear someone suggesting they give the forum first dibs before moving it to eBay or a consignor, I think NOT - to myself of course (until I mentioned it now) :grin:

Questioning the guy's references is fine. Posting a :takeit: with no intent to pay is in poor taste.

What is going on these days in the selling forum? It used to be a really cool place to buy and sell books. I guess there's too many newbies and a few people have been burned.

Posting here:

1. Without credentials

Makes this place no better than ebay, if not worse. If you see me posting in an antagonistic manner with people like this, it's because I really do have forum members best interest in mind. This place is a great venue for selling books, but if we keep having new members only coming on here to sell, and not contribute...we'll see a lot more scams and degredation of what makes the CGC forum boards so special.

Put me on the probation list, I guarantee it that the people I regularly buy from will still sell to me.

I would buy into this, though as Brent and Jive have already articulated really well, this kind of discussion tends to happen without paying any thought or attention to who its being directed at and often takes on a life of its own. I posted a sales thread awhile back and it was this form of senseless rambling which made me realize that I really shouldn't bother selling on the boards. I've contributed here, been a long standing member, and since that experience, whenever I hear someone suggesting they give the forum first dibs before moving it to eBay or a consignor, I think NOT - to myself of course (until I mentioned it now) :grin:

(thumbs u Prime example, Mrbedrock's original owner sale, what the F was that all about? Mrbedrock bring's a cool original owner collection to the boards for first crack and people are worried what he payed for it???

I wouldn't care if he payed 1 dollar for it, it makes no difference. He brings a original owner collection to sale on the boards first and people are actually basing there offers on what he payed for it, incredible!!!

Seems like Paratrooper and I are on the Probation list. If he isn't. He should be... Right Paratrooper?? If you post the :takeit: you should buy the book. That's what you said to me. I hope you don't or can't have kids. Morals and such...You said the same thing to me in the thread that got me a weeks vacation. Turn around is indeed fair play.

Posting here:

1. Without credentials

Paratrooper, I don't know you and you don't know me. Per your logic, we should never engage in a transaction ?????

Posting here:

1. Without credentials

Paratrooper, I don't know you and you don't know me. Per your logic, we should never engage in a transaction ?????

:preach:Amen to that !!! :preach:

Seems like Paratrooper and I are on the Probation list. If he isn't. He should be... Right Paratrooper?? If you post the :takeit: you should buy the book. That's what you said to me. I hope you don't or can't have kids. Morals and such...You said the same thing to me in the thread that got me a weeks vacation. Turn around is indeed fair play.

:applause:Spoken like a true gentleman TFL :golfclap:

Posting here:

1. Without credentials

i will vouch for you :kidaround:

Paratropper thought this was a bogus/scam sale. That is his right to think what he want's. But posting the :takeit: on a legit sale?? If he had questions that's fine. Take it to PM's. Don't derail the thread and try to ruin a new board members reputation. A reputation he was/is trying to build here.

The probation list is where he should be put. It's really nice of him to say he'll put himself on it. Then say it doesn't matter anyway{the probation list}. Why you may ask? The sellers he buy's from will still sell to him. That show's just how much respect he has for the probation list. That would be near to no respect, IMHO.

The last time I looked the probation list was for no buying or selling from a person on the list. Unless the person has worked out there problems and is taken off the list by the right person.

Paratrooper can come back here and re hash the the past, I wont. What he did was wrong, plain and simple. By the guidelines of the list. He shouldn't be able to buy or sell anything on this board. Fair is fair, is it not?