• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Project Sketch Cover Megathread

4,091 posts in this topic

To answer you question, that's what i was told by my comicshop also they are having a party for it tonight. but when i got to the chicago con on thurs night there were a lot of them being sold at the show by dealers. but i heard later on friday that they were told by diamond that they had to pull them.some dealers did, but by that time it was to late. i even seen them still being sold on sunday. (shrug)

There were plenty of people who had the blank covers for sale at the show and they were still selling them on Saturday and Sunday. I got mine from someone who bought them from a comic shop...

I just picked up my 20 raw copies, after looking at the 9.8s in this thread I'm really happy. I was worried about the "crackled" spines... but I see them in the 9.8s here... Hopefully I'll have some awesome books to show off later this year.

I was just curious. I figured dealers in Chicago would probably put them out early by mistake and then once the show is rolling, they'd never get the time to pull them off the tables. I got mine tonight and the crackled spine and blunted corners showed up on enough of them.

But then I look at that Deadpool sketch and I don't care as much... :) Nice sketch.

Joel

Did a lot of the copies have the dirty looking stripe going from left to right about 1/5 of the way from the bottom? All the ones I picked up did.

FYI the "dirty line" comes off with an art eraser with ease :)

Its a result of the darker backcover rubbing on the white front cover, no biggy.

5 of the 125 I picked up had that problem

125 lol my god man

better off getting them now at cover then scrambling on eBay and at Conventions trying to find them later for $8-$12 each like the Fallen Sons and Dark Avengers that I currently hunt for :)

To answer you question, that's what i was told by my comicshop also they are having a party for it tonight. but when i got to the chicago con on thurs night there were a lot of them being sold at the show by dealers. but i heard later on friday that they were told by diamond that they had to pull them.some dealers did, but by that time it was to late. i even seen them still being sold on sunday. (shrug)

I saw a dealer asking $15 each with a post-it that advertised "Not even available yet". They were gone on my next pass, but I don't know if they sold or were pulled.

better off getting them now at cover then scrambling on eBay and at Conventions trying to find them later for $8-$12 each like the Fallen Sons and Dark Avengers that I currently hunt for :)

I saw a few dealers in Chicago w/Secret Invasion blanks at $5 and one had Fallen Sons at the same price, but didn't see any Dark Avengers.