• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help save me from my spending in Chicago thread....GA, SA and BA

59 posts in this topic

Hey gang. Shipping is included anywhere on the continent of North America. Elsewhere will be split fairly.

Grading is as good as I can get it. Satisfaction guaranteed. Paypal is ok....for a larger item I would really prefer a bank wire if possible.

R.

Keep in mind that all colors on these books are correct and whites are bright unless noted....the poor lighting throws the colors off.

First off is an Amazing Spider-man #42. I grade the book as a 9.2. Very solid and impressive looking, the book has very, very light wear along the outer edges and a tiny bindery chip at the top spine back cover. Spine is near flawless and wear is of the micro variety. Satisfaction guaranteed. Asking $350 shipped.

Chicago09011.jpg

Chicago09015.jpg

There were booths in Chicago where these sticker prices would have been double what I am asking for the Showcase #22 folks.

Fantastic Four #12. This is a keeper copy for the low to mid grade collector. The book presents like a 6.5-7.5 copy, interior pages are white as snow but the back cover is chooched because someone mucked around with it. Technical grade is probably 3.5-4.0 but it looks like a $1500 book. Crease bottom right is the only big flaw of note on the front cover. I have $450 in this book. I will start with $400 to start.

Chicago09020.jpg

Chicago09006.jpg

Thought this book would have gotten a 9.0 minimum at onsite grading.

Captain America #117 CGC 8.0 ow/w.

Asking $90 shipped for a book that looks like it's worth a grand. Seriously.

Chicago09004.jpg

Price drop to $950 from $1000 on this beauty. Ihad a few nibbles in Chicago but was too busy running around to follow up.

Lloyd Jacquet file copy of Marvel Mystery Comics #6. Light resto (slight reinforcement at staples) and possible cover clean. Killer copy in hand. Clean and bright.

MarvelMysteryComics6LloydJacquet.jpg

Marvel Mystery Comics #10 3.5/4.0 (board graded) and a file copy to boot! Would grade in the 6.0 or greater range if not for the piece missing from the cover and a few interior pages. Strong colors, supple paper, the finale of the famous Torch and Subby battle from issue #9.

Asking $1800 which is 3.5 guide for this gorgeous, supple book. Book will come with the envelope that the book was mailed in when it was mailed in 1964 and also a letter hand written by Ray Gill stating that he owned it.

MarvelMysteryComics103_5mylite2.jpg

Marvel Mystery Comics #10 3.5/4.0 (board graded) and a file copy to boot! Would grade in the 6.0 or greater range if not for the piece missing from the cover and a few interior pages. Strong colors, supple paper, the finale of the famous Torch and Subby battle from issue #9.

Asking $1800 which is 3.5 guide for this gorgeous, supple book. Book will come with the envelope that the book was mailed in when it was mailed in 1964 and also a letter hand written by Ray Gill stating that he owned it.

I remember this book when it was listed on ebay a while back...great offering Roy.

There were booths in Chicago where these sticker prices would have been double what I am asking for the Showcase #22 folks.

I just looked on eBay and there is NOT ONE copy of Showcase #22 for sale. Zip. Nada. Ghost town. Wow.

???

I remember this book when it was listed on ebay a while back...great offering Roy.

Oh, I love this book so much as I love a book with a story behind it but I currently upgraded to a much higher graded copy so this one has to go. This book really is a piece of comic history. Here is the note and envelope that come with the book.

MarvelMysteryComics10letter.jpg

MArvelMysteryComics10envelope.jpg

I just looked on eBay and there is NOT ONE copy of Showcase #22 for sale. Zip. Nada. Ghost town. Wow.

???

Yup. I bought the last one listed a few days ago. And I will say it was more than what you got listed for, though it was slabbed. Good prices Roy, Good luck!

I had no idea how tough a book Showcase #22 was until Brian told me that he saw an 8.0 sell for $12K or so.

:eek: