• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help save me from my spending in Chicago thread....GA, SA and BA

59 posts in this topic

Fantastic Four #12. This is a keeper copy for the low to mid grade collector. The book presents like a 6.5-7.5 copy, interior pages are white as snow but the back cover is chooched because someone mucked around with it. Technical grade is probably 3.5-4.0 but it looks like a $1500 book. Crease bottom right is the only big flaw of note on the front cover. I have $450 in this book. I will start with $400 to start.

Chicago09005.jpg

Chicago09006.jpg

hm what is the price of this book? :insane:

There were booths in Chicago where these sticker prices would have been double what I am asking for the Showcase #22 folks.

I just looked on eBay and there is NOT ONE copy of Showcase #22 for sale. Zip. Nada. Ghost town. Wow.

???

Yup. I bought the last one listed a few days ago. And I will say it was more than what you got listed for, though it was slabbed. Good prices Roy, Good luck!

I BOUGHT ONE LISTED today..it was up for 12 minutes...3.0 $450 or best offer..got it for $400 :acclaim:

Fantastic Four #12. This is a keeper copy for the low to mid grade collector. The book presents like a 6.5-7.5 copy, interior pages are white as snow but the back cover is chooched because someone mucked around with it. Technical grade is probably 3.5-4.0 but it looks like a $1500 book. Crease bottom right is the only big flaw of note on the front cover. I have $450 in this book. I will start with $400 to start.

Chicago09005.jpg

hm what is the price of this book? :insane:

Asking $400.

There were booths in Chicago where these sticker prices would have been double what I am asking for the Showcase #22 folks.

I just looked on eBay and there is NOT ONE copy of Showcase #22 for sale. Zip. Nada. Ghost town. Wow.

???

Yup. I bought the last one listed a few days ago. And I will say it was more than what you got listed for, though it was slabbed. Good prices Roy, Good luck!

I BOUGHT ONE LISTED today..it was up for 12 minutes...3.5 $450 or best offer..got it for $400 :acclaim:

Awww man! I've been watching so closely too.... Great pickup. Can't believe Roy's are STILL here.

Thanks dude. I just spoke to Louise and she remembers someone at the con telling me to price these WAY above what you got them for so you got a steal.

(thumbs u

???

I BOUGHT ONE LISTED today..it was up for 12 minutes...3.5 $450 or best offer..got it for $400 :acclaim:

Awww man! I've been watching so closely too.... Great pickup. Can't believe Roy's are STILL here.

they're gone now....

???

they're gone now....

(worship) and thanks for removing the temptation

???

they're gone now....

Something make me think you're going to be a very happy camper when you sell these in about 6 months...

:news:

Price drop to $375

Chicago09020.jpg

Chicago09006.jpg

Kryptospidey, are you investing in these? That's what, three lower grade copies you have on hand now? :baiting:

4 now (thumbs u

Nice snags. You should make a nice return on these next year when the movie hype hits in full gear.

It should be a good year for movie panels at the SDCC next summer with Green Lantern, Thor, and Captain America due in 2011.

Price drop to $925. I paid $1000.

Price drop to $950 from $1000 on this beauty. Ihad a few nibbles in Chicago but was too busy running around to follow up.

Lloyd Jacquet file copy of Marvel Mystery Comics #6. Light resto (slight reinforcement at staples) and possible cover clean. Killer copy in hand. Clean and bright.

MarvelMysteryComics6LloydJacquet.jpg

Price Drop $320

Keep in mind that all colors on these books are correct and whites are bright unless noted....the poor lighting throws the colors off.

First off is an Amazing Spider-man #42. I grade the book as a 9.2. Very solid and impressive looking, the book has very, very light wear along the outer edges and a tiny bindery chip at the top spine back cover. Spine is near flawless and wear is of the micro variety. Satisfaction guaranteed. Asking $350 shipped.

Chicago09011.jpg

Chicago09015.jpg