• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How To Pack Your Books For Shipping - by Boozad
12 12

585 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, paulbh1 said:

Is this over doing it? You bet your sweet behind it is! Over doing it is my goal, anything less increases the chances of damage. Sometimes even "over doing it" still results in problems. At least you can say that you did everything you can to avoid damage.

I second that emotion! Never been upset with a seller for making triple-sure a cool old book was protected.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Gunslinger0976 said:

Sorry if its been asked.. what address do I send my comics to to get graded once they've been packed??

Hi there! It's kind of hidden on our site, I know. But if you go to Contact Us at the bottom you can find the shipping addresses.

FedEx or UPS:
5501 Communications Parkway
Sarasota, FL 34240

Certified Guaranty Company, LLC
P.O. Box 4738
Sarasota, FL 34230
United States

13 hours ago, csaag said:

I usually make bricks out of ~10-12 comics and just find a box big enough to hold multiple bricks

Hey thanks ^_^

You mean 10-12 bagged and boarded in a bag, tapped and cardboard at each side (as with steps 1-6) and then the same for the others, then placed in a box?

On 2/27/2021 at 9:52 PM, Bart Allen said:

Hey thanks ^_^

You mean 10-12 bagged and boarded in a bag, tapped and cardboard at each side (as with steps 1-6) and then the same for the others, then placed in a box?

yeah, 10-12 is about as big as I like to go. I alternate them front to back, wrap them all in a plastic sheet (basic cheapo 2 mil you can get at Home Depot/Lowes) and tape it shut with paint tape.    Then I tape that to one of the pieces of cardboard. Put on the top piece of cardboard and tape those two together. Sometimes I'll stuff paper/etc around the edges of the 2 cardboard pieces (ie take up the empty space from the inch or so overhang formed by the 2 cardboard pieces)for extra protection

On 3/1/2021 at 5:48 PM, csaag said:

yeah, 10-12 is about as big as I like to go. I alternate them front to back, wrap them all in a plastic sheet (basic cheapo 2 mil you can get at Home Depot/Lowes) and tape it shut with paint tape.    Then I tape that to one of the pieces of cardboard. Put on the top piece of cardboard and tape those two together. Sometimes I'll stuff paper/etc around the edges of the 2 cardboard pieces (ie take up the empty space from the inch or so overhang formed by the 2 cardboard pieces)for extra protection

Thanks SOO much :3

It’s my first time to submit more than 10 books.
If your submitting more than 10 books in one order and you have the interior boxes from CGC that holds 10 comics, do you put another copy of the packing list in the next interior box?  Asking so I won’t have any delays in my submission order.