• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM

70 posts in this topic

Buyer to pay postage. Paypal, money orders and checks all gladly accepted. I ship to hell and back.

Spectacular Spider-Man Magazine 1 VF/8.0 $65, OW pages, biggest flaw is color rub at bottom staple on FC, and teensy portion of bottom staple sticking through at BC, o/w pretty nice!

specspidey2.jpg

specspidey2bc.jpg

King-Size Special 4 VF $80, off white pages.

Wow - I just got this PM:

Hey:

My XXX is looking for this book. Am I missing something here? You have the book listed as VF. The BC alone well excludes it from this grade. IMHO No offense meant all. It is your book. You can do with it what you wish to. But I honestly doubt anyone on these boards would call this book a VF. What price are you trying to get for this copy? I know my XXX wont pay a VF price for this book.

Take Care

My response:

I don't see any kind of consistent grading on the glue rumpling of these old annuals, but I'm willing to listen - no one is perfect in the grading arts. There have been plenty of folks on the boards that have squeezed higher CGC grades out of my books than what I've assigned - I don't necessarily grade to CGC standards, if that's the implication. But I do try to hold true to my 37 years of experience in the hobby. Make an offer if it's attractive to you.

It's not like I'm trying to hide anything here folks. :shrug:

MORE:

Hey:

You can post my name on your "Copy and Paste" PM I sent you. It wouldn't bug me in the least. This book IS NOT a VF IMHO. The FC left edge and in to the right a bit. There are what looks like some pretty noticeable "indentations" in this area as well.

The BC has not, possibly can't be cleaned. While it is a KS Annual. Those indentations, other problems keep this book out of the VF area IMHO. I also mentioned in my PM that No Offense was meant. It wasn't like I said "you can't grade. this book is not a VF" etc.etc. It is my grade of this book from what I see. Not a do this and that to the book and it might grade at X.. Good Luck with the sales.

My response:

I checked out the areas you mentioned along the FC left edge - this is more of the glue rumpling as on the back cover. They are not creases or pressure indentations. There is some slight color rubbing loss. I guess it is just a difference in grading terms :shrug: I've seen similar rubs on other books around here on otherwise nice books that have garnered 9.2 to 9.4 designations by the sellers. I'll stand by the VF grade. In handling the book again, I'd have to say it is a very nice book that the scans do not do justice.

This is a very nice book, and I think if you are satisfied with VF books, you would like this one - it's a very nice book. If you're expecting to get a VF+ or VFNM, well, it's not that.

asmsp4.jpgasmsp4bc.jpg

King-Size Special 7 VF $30, white pages, looks NM from front, tape residue (?) on three spots on bc, tiny tears along opening edge bc.

asmsp7.jpgasmsp7bc.jpg

47 VF- $47, OW/W, small tear fc by Kraven’s foot, small stain by comic code seal.

asm47b.jpg

asm47bbc.jpg

95 FN $12, CR/OW, structurally 9.2, but poor page quality + small moisture spot at bottom of logo box.:news:[font:Comic Sans MS] Sold!!![/font] :news:

asm95a.jpgasm95abc.jpg

103 VG+ $8, White pages, stain at lower right front cover (invisible unless held to light), same on bc.

asm103.jpgasm103bc.jpg

133a VF $18, White pages, creasing at spine brings book down in grade. MVS intact.

asm133a.jpgasm133abc.jpg

148 VF+ $12, OW/W pages, unclean cuts at top and R edge – chips intact.

asm148.jpgasm148bc.jpg

200 NM+ $35, whitey white pages, extra newstand copy.:news:[font:Comic Sans MS] Sold!!![/font] :news:

asm200c.jpgasm200cbc.jpg