• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are people suposed to notify CGC when they deslab?
1 1

42 posts in this topic

Just wondering about this cuz of all the record keeping and stuff that goes on with CGC, and the census and all.....if we (or somebody) cracks open a slab to get to the book......wouldn't it be a good idea to notify them? Sort of like a courtesy or something. I mean it could alter alot of things if the guy with the highest graded copy of Marvel Mystery #58 cracks it open, which in my thinking would immediately put the second highest graded copy right to the top. Any thoughts?

You're supposed to mail in the cert so they can remove it from the census.

CGC will only remove the book from the census if they receive the cert.

For the record I keep most of my labels with my cracked books unless it's a resub.

I thought about making photocopies of the labels (as some sort of proof of the book's providence) and returning the originals to keep the census accurate but as of yet haven't done it.

If you make really good photocopies of the certs, will they delist everything so that my Batman #428 becomes the only one on the census in 9.8....?

:whistle:

If you make really good photocopies of the certs, will they delist everything so that my Batman #428 becomes the only one on the census in 9.8....?

You could probably just ask CGC to do that for you, pretty sure no one but you cares about that set. :baiting:

Just wondering about this cuz of all the record keeping and stuff that goes on with CGC, and the census and all.....if we (or somebody) cracks open a slab to get to the book......wouldn't it be a good idea to notify them? Sort of like a courtesy or something. I mean it could alter alot of things if the guy with the highest graded copy of Marvel Mystery #58 cracks it open, which in my thinking would immediately put the second highest graded copy right to the top. Any thoughts?

Yes...and oh, btw...you're supposed to check the obits in your local paper and cross out the dead people in your phone book daily to keep it up to date... :makepoint:

You could probably just ask CGC to do that for you, pretty sure no one but you cares about that set. :baiting:

:cry:

Yes...and oh, btw...you're supposed to check the obits in your local paper and cross out the dead people in your phone book daily to keep it up to date... :makepoint:

How'd you know I do that...?

:roflmao:

For the record I keep most of my labels with my cracked books unless it's a resub.

I thought about making photocopies of the labels (as some sort of proof of the book's providence) and returning the originals to keep the census accurate but as of yet haven't done it.

I do the same thing - keep the labels with the books, but there's no way I'm sending them to CGC short of payment - I like to keep the census inaccurate :grin:

Are you kidding? Then most of those Amazing Spider-Man 300s, Wolverine 1 Limited Series, and other issues that were pressed into 9.8s would kill the census.

:screwy:

At least there are only one sacred 2.0 and 2.5 in the whole entire Wolverine #1 Limited Series census. But they could be the 10.0s now. hm

84345.jpg.2c5d08189d3886ce2c8190db296b9702.jpg

Edited by Bosco685

:slapfight:

84415.jpg.b69dc0389e957c17de734595c8883912.jpg