• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Invincible 1st app question/debate

42 posts in this topic

Doesn't anyone, even from the printed account, pick up the sarcasm in Kirkman's supposed "indorsement" of Tech-Jacket? The guy says "Hey, it's worth money." Kirkman, tongue planted firmly in cheek and knowing that he has at least a case of comped copies of tech jacket at home in the garage says "Really, then it is Tech-jacket!"

Come on, folks. This is not like Mignola stating what his thoughts are on the 1st Hellboy debate. This is Kirkman making a joke. Buy all the tech jacket #1s you want. I hope you all make a fortune on them. But propogating Kirkman's joke as his indorsement of the book borders on shady.

It is definitely true that Kirkman is known for his sense of humor. And he does mislead people frequently for a laugh. Another example of that is the endorsement that the Black Warning Variant of Walking Dead #1 is the more common version. If you actually try to find a copy you'll clearly see it's more rare, and the White Warning is the more common book. (This has been discussed a lot here on the boards.)

I don't think people are really basing their arguement on Kirkman's word. I think its clear the book came out first (check the Diamond links earlier in the thread). It's simply a matter of whether or not you believe a Preview counts as a 1st appearance.

Well, that is interesting since you considered it important enough to track down and post in this thread. Plus, the dude pimping it in that auction sure seems to to be trying to get people to take Kirkman's word for it. meh

I was simply sharing the info since it pertained to the topic. It was a separate post and I said nothing in that post about it being proof or anything.

There no way I'm going to defend that auction. That guy is definitely overselling the quality of that book. He is definitely reaching.

I was simply sharing the info since it pertained to the topic. It was a separate post and I said nothing in that post about it being proof or anything.

There no way I'm going to defend that auction. That guy is definitely overselling the quality of that book. He is definitely reaching.

Fair enough. I guess my point is the market should decide what is what without hucksterism like that auction, or trying to say that Kirkman's joke authenticates Tech-Jacket #1.