• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #244 & Detective #395: Classic Neal Adams! -- $40 shipped (US) for both!

23 posts in this topic

Hey all...the deal for this book fell through, so it's available again.

$28 Priority shipped in the US.

$35 shipped to Canada and the UK & Europe.

:takeit: rules, PayPal only.

Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Batman #244: After Bats #232, this is THE Ra's Al Ghul cover and story! Awesome Adams cover and interiors. I just upgraded this one courtesy of our own October (thanks, Andy!), so grab it cheap!

Fine. Looks slightly better, but there's a bit of ncb wear that doesn't show in the scan. Still a good looking copy for the $$!

Batman244.jpg

Yeah, the general consensus I believe is either that the colorist blew it, or that Batman's leg is intended to be in shadow, hence the gray-tone...

There is a thread in Comic General posted by Neal himself stating it was a decision made on the part of DC to fill in the grey because it looked like Batman was only in his underwear; however, Neal was apparently quite amused that they let the nipples slide.

Yeah, the general consensus I believe is either that the colorist blew it, or that Batman's leg is intended to be in shadow, hence the gray-tone...

There is a thread in Comic General posted by Neal himself stating it was a decision made on the part of DC to fill in the grey because it looked like Batman was only in his underwear; however, Neal was apparently quite amused that they let the nipples slide.

Too bad the boarders jumped down his throat because of his expanding earth theory.

I read that Adams quote someplace also. He claimed it was DCs decision because it was too risque for the early 1970s to have Batman in his undies on the cover. This cover is quintessential Adams and Ra's Al Ghul. The look on Ra's' face is priceless, as if to say, "You are good Batman, but your defeat at my hand was inevitable". His guard on the camel doesn't look surprised either, as if he expected the outcome. Powerful stuff. (worship)

Here you go. Read Michael Netzer's posts if you want a giggle.

Okay, let's add one more:

Detective Comics #395: The Bronze Age Batman begins here, courtesy of Neal Adams and Denny O'Neil!

Fine.

$25 shipped in the US; $35 shipped to Canada and the UK & Europe.

Detective395.jpg