• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need help from PULP collectors : Was this painting used on a pulp mag cover?

13 posts in this topic

Maybe you pulp collectors can help me out here.

Does anyone know if this painting below was ever used as the cover illustration for a pulp magazine?

It sort of looks like it might have been?

Any thoughts on this are appreciated, including what you think of the artwork.

paintingftm.jpg

I've never seen that particular image before, but, then again, I am not a heavy Tarzan collector. As for the art itself, it looks like a lot of the Blue Book covers I've seen, in style and composition. Any idea on the artist's name?

I've never seen that particular image before, but, then again, I am not a heavy Tarzan collector. As for the art itself, it looks like a lot of the Blue Book covers I've seen, in style and composition. Any idea on the artist's name?

It is unsigned

So maybe it is an amateur painting?

sure looks like a Blue Book image to me....

I don't know much about Tarzan, but I looked at some Tarzan blue book covers HERE

The Blue Book covers seem to have Tarzan with much longer hair than the character in the painting to which I was referring

My apologies... I should have specified the era of Blue Books I was talking about... the 1940s, not the 1920s... everything was much more straitlaced in the forties, long haired men probably weren't acceptable on covers anymore.

Maybe you pulp collectors can help me out here.

Does anyone know if this painting below was ever used as the cover illustration for a pulp magazine?

It sort of looks like it might have been?

Any thoughts on this are appreciated, including what you think of the artwork.

paintingftm.jpg

Do you own this?

Im going to Bump this thread since I just aquired this art. Thanks for the help in brokering dekeuk, it looks even better in person!!

Very pleased!!

So if anyone can help it would be truly apreciated!!!!

Thanks for the tip. I had emailed Peter Ogden last week and he pretty much gave his same thoughts to me that he gave in that Q and A.

I feel pretty sure its not Samson and Delila what with the shorter hair and the leopard Loin cloth.

A few other E.R.B. enthusiasts have sugested it might be from a European Publication featuring Tarzan.

I will keep looking.

I wont Bump this thread into perpetuity guys.

I just wish to make an offer here. I will pay a finders fee of 250.00 to the person who can lead me definitivly to the person who painted this image and or which publication it was in. If indeed, it is a published piece.

So it might be worth someones effort to spend some computer time researching.

Thanks in advance and PM me if you have any questions.