• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Carl Barks Mother load
1 1

31 posts in this topic

Bronty do you know what the market is like for all the Lithos they produced from the originals ?

I see them on Heritage quite often, although i have been told those are the common ones and its the gold framed ones that are limited ?

The moral is " if you can't be trusted in little things, how can you be trusted in big things?"

Well put. Another might be: "if you pose half naked in comic want ad, you might be a spoon" hm

Well I don't know Theo personally so I guess I shouldn't say that but certainly Rich's experience doesn't sound too good

Bronty do you know what the market is like for all the Lithos they produced from the originals ?

I see them on Heritage quite often, although i have been told those are the common ones and its the gold framed ones that are limited ?

I'm sorry, I really know nothing about the lithographs... I really don't know too much about the originals either, just what news I've picked up from other collectors

Lol - Theo Holstein is still an old scammer.   I made an offer on a Bill Ward for $1500 from him on eBay and he messages and says $1750.   I say ok.    

2 days later he says he changed his mind and he will only sell it to me for $2000 outside of eBay to avoid fees.   I say no thanks.

He then says he would never sell it for less than $25,000.  (Yes, that is not a type-o).   

A while later, I see another one of his Bill Wards on Hertiage... I win the bid.   Then it turns out that it was just a high-grade print under the frame, and Hertiage had to refund my money.

Oh Theo... Will you ever win? 

On 8/5/2020 at 12:33 PM, romitaman said:

His art is worth 10-20 times MORE (also not a typo..LOL) than anything you own. 

I know a collector like that, not Theo.

We collect virtually the same thing yet his art is worth 10 times more than mine. 

I refuse to deal with him anymore.