• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Visual guide to Mylar sizes
56 56

498 posts in this topic

This is perfect! I don't own any golden age comics so I didn't have to worry about that size. I just went through my trial and error process and arrived at the 775M2 for all my books, silver age to copper. I'm weird and I like to have them all fit into the box the same :screwy: When I use the archives however I do like to use the 800R with the 750HB, otherwise its such a tight fit and I get paranoid I'm smooshing them :grin:

This is a great resource ^^

Great work Michael!

I agree with you assessments. I always use the next size up when bagging my books. Never use Modern or Current size bags for Moderns, only the Standard or Regular 725 size.

That is exactly what I was asking for in the Hot Flips thread.

Thank you very much. (worship)

Hot Flips should really use this on their web page.

Would save on a lot of mistakes by crazy customers like me. lol

This is perfect! I don't own any golden age comics so I didn't have to worry about that size. I just went through my trial and error process and arrived at the 775M2 for all my books, silver age to copper. I'm weird and I like to have them all fit into the box the same :screwy: When I use the archives however I do like to use the 800R with the 750HB, otherwise its such a tight fit and I get paranoid I'm smooshing them :grin:

Yep, I've noticed that as well. Usually the half-back/full-backs are 1/2" smaller than the bag they're supposed to go into, but when you hit the Gold (800) and Super Gold (825) mylar, the half-backs/full-backs are only 3/8" smaller - in order to get the 1/2" size difference, you need to do what you're doing and go down 2 sizes instead of one (thumbs u

Great idea! :applause:

One question, because it wasn't clear from the pictures - when you do the Mylite+Archive combo, you put the Full Back inside the Mylite next to the book, yes?