• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Visual guide to Mylar sizes
54 54

498 posts in this topic

Has anyone confirmed that the mycomicshop and hotflip graded bags fit the new slab? I heard it was thicker.

Also, can someone confirm that the Hotflips graded bags do NOT fit the "thicker" version of the previous generation slab (ie anniversary, 100 pagers, etc).

Thanks.

You should just ask Hotflips via pm on their product - they're selling out in mixed.

Has anyone confirmed that the mycomicshop and hotflip graded bags fit the new slab? I heard it was thicker.

Also, can someone confirm that the Hotflips graded bags do NOT fit the "thicker" version of the previous generation slab (ie anniversary, 100 pagers, etc).

Thanks.

Thanks.

They don't - Hotflips sells a version specifically for books in the thicker, previous generation slab.

mschmidt: Thank you. For some reason I didn't see the alternate size. I'll recheck. :foryou:

You should just ask Hotflips via pm on their product - they're selling out in mixed.

Thanks.

I could, but then the information would only be known by me. Since this thread was so awesome, I figured it made sense to keep it relevant.

mschmidt: Thank you. For some reason I didn't see the alternate size. I'll recheck. :foryou:

Thanks.

I could, but then the information would only be known by me. Since this thread was so awesome, I figured it made sense to keep it relevant.

Invite them to come here and explain.

Thanks.

I just bagged 25 slabs. The old Hotflips bags fit the new slabs fine. One thicker annual was VERY tight, but I got it to work.

I have some older Bronze age Giant Size slabs, and they fit but it is a very tight squeeze too. You may split a bag or two in the process.

I didn't know Hotflips had thicker bags for these slabs. They would probably be your best choice. I haven't ever tried one on a 100 Page slab.

- Picking out half-backs or full-backs for these mylars is easy - simply choose a half-back or full-back one size smaller than the mylar itself. For instance, the 700 half-back or full-back fits inside the 725 mylar.

Can anyone confirm they do this? In terms of mylite2s and fullbacks, I use silver-gold with silver-gold, and standard with standard, and everything fits great. I need a pack of Super Gold for a couple of oddballs. Does anyone else downsize their fullbacks? My local store has Super Gold mylite2s but only Gold fullbacks, and I don't want to chance it.

- Picking out half-backs or full-backs for these mylars is easy - simply choose a half-back or full-back one size smaller than the mylar itself. For instance, the 700 half-back or full-back fits inside the 725 mylar.

Can anyone confirm they do this? In terms of mylite2s and fullbacks, I use silver-gold with silver-gold, and standard with standard, and everything fits great. I need a pack of Super Gold for a couple of oddballs. Does anyone else downsize their fullbacks? My local store has Super Gold mylite2s but only Gold fullbacks, and I don't want to chance it.

Standard: 700(HB/FB) board; 725M2 bag

Silver/Gold: 750(HB/FB) board; 775M2 bag

If you match bags and boards by name, you're already good to go.

Boards

Gold: 7 5/8" x 10 1/2"

Super Gold: 7 7/8" x 10 1/2"

Bags

Gold: 8" x 10 1/2"

Super Gold: 8 1/4" x 10 1/2"

Imho, Gold fullback is probably too small for Super Gold bag so sides are potentially unprotected if the comic gets jostled.

Edited by aerischan

First, this from the very beginning is one of the most useful threads on this board, so thanks. I point it to anyone anytime someone asks me about mylars.

I do have a question though and if it was answered before I must have missed it. Does anyone have a non-custom recommendation for mylar/boards sizes for ashcans?

I might have a couple of 778FBs sitting around and if I do will just mail them to you. Will check this weekend.

First, this from the very beginning is one of the most useful threads on this board, so thanks. I point it to anyone anytime someone asks me about mylars.

I do have a question though and if it was answered before I must have missed it. Does anyone have a non-custom recommendation for mylar/boards sizes for ashcans?

You should be good with 858 boards + 900 bags to be safe. But you should double check because if the comic is smaller than 8 1/2 X 11 you could get a little better of a fit combo with the 875 bags but generally you want a 1/4" between bag and board combo. In this case it is going to be less than that if you got with the 875 bag. But a little more than that with the 900 bag.

You should be good with 858 boards + 900 bags to be safe. But you should double check because if the comic is smaller than 8 1/2 X 11 you could get a little better of a fit combo with the 875 bags but generally you want a 1/4" between bag and board combo. In this case it is going to be less than that if you got with the 875 bag. But a little more than that with the 900 bag.

okay, slightly confused. Ashcans (the ones I'm talking about, think like colored Maxx ashcans etc, not like the large 90s era DC Preview books) are smaller than standard comics and 858s are what I use for magazines.

okay, slightly confused. Ashcans (the ones I'm talking about, think like colored Maxx ashcans etc, not like the large 90s era DC Preview books) are smaller than standard comics and 858s are what I use for magazines.

OK thought you were talking about GA. Your best bet is take a measurement of the comic to ensure a current combo 700 bag (7" X 10 1/2") + 675 board ( 6 3/4" X 10 1/2") is going to work.

I use the standard size combo for ashcans - with a fullback, they don't move around:

I use the standard size combo for ashcans - with a fullback, they don't move around:

That's what I use now :cloud9: idk why but I've just been envisioning small bags/boards with mini short boxes for my ashcans lol. Oh well.