• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Visual guide to Mylar sizes
54 54

498 posts in this topic

For those of you who do use Mylar for slabs, do you use the 1mm or 2mm?

Gerber doesn't make Mylites in the Legal size - only Mylites2.

A lot of people also use either the Hotflips CGC Flip-n-stick bags or the Bags Unlimited resealable CGC bags - both of which are poly, not mylar.

Thanks. I have the hotflip bags but I like the clarity and feel of mylites more.

I was looking at BCE's Arklites and Arklites2 which both seem to fit CGC. I'm assuming most don't order thru BCE because of their higher price, though.

Maybe add a small slab section to your OP?

Good idea - I've gotten some other questions by PM that I'm going to add as well (thumbs u

Great information, thanks. I've always struggled with the proper way to store the DC 100 Page giants and other squarebound books. What do you use for mylar sizes for these books? What about boards? Any advice would be appreciated.

Even though I present a lot of options in this guide, I actually only use three different sizes myself:

1) Mylites2 (Standard) 725M2 with either a 700FB Full-Back or a 700HB Half-Back. This is how the vast majority of my collection is protected.

2) Mylites (Standard) 725M with a 700HB Half-Back, which is then placed inside an Archive (Silver/Gold) 775R with a 750FB Full-Back. For higher-priced Moderns & Bronze.

3) Mylites2 (Gold) 800M2 with a 758 Half-Back or Full-Back, which is then placed inside an Archive (Super Gold) 825R with a 778FB Full-Back. For Silver and Gold.

If I were to do things over again, I'd probably get rid of option (2) entirely, and just do option (1) for moderns, and option (3) for everything else.

In regards to DC 100 Page giants & square-bound books in general, they fit in a Mylites2 (Silver/Gold) 775M2, but things get kinda tight if you use the correctly-sized 750 Full-Back. If you use a 750 Half-Back, the entire package seems too flimsy.

I put books like that in the option (3) combo above, but leave out the 778 FB Full-back in the Archive (so I only use one backing board total) - it looks like this:

silver-800m2-825R-square-t.jpg

Thank you for this thread. I am still lost on what to do with my DC 100 pagers. Looks like I have to get a bigger comic box or just keep them in the magazine box for now.

If you want them well-protected, they just won't fit into a regular comic book box, unfortunately :sorry:

This is the most useful thread I have ever read on the boards.

I, along with many people previously in this thread, sure hope the MODS sticky this.

You deserve a cool new title for this thread. :)

Thank you for this thread. I am still lost on what to do with my DC 100 pagers. Looks like I have to get a bigger comic box or just keep them in the magazine box for now.

Your other option is to use a silver/gold bag and use a standard board (or trim the s/g board), then fold over the side overhang of the bag and tape that down. Perhaps also trim the top flap.