• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mound City Collection One of the Greatest Silver Age Finds of the Century

2,756 posts in this topic

One of the greatest and recently unheard of Silver Age one owner collections, Mound City Collection, will be auctioned off November 2009. Anyone interested should contact me for further details as there are roughly 3,000 silver age comic book in this collection with many of them key issues such as Amazing Fantasy 15, ASM 1-24, Showcase 22-24 etc...

One of the greatest and recently unheard of Silver Age one owner collections, Mound City Collection, will be auctioned off November 2009. Anyone interested should contact me for further details as there are roughly 3,000 silver age comic book in this collection with many of them key issues such as Amazing Fantasy 15, ASM 1-24, Showcase 22-24 etc...

Is there any information on the grade?

Although there are many hot books, from the photos, they don't seem to have the best preservation.

I think Amazing Fantasy 15 is 8.0. It has been kept very quiet but updated information will be available over the next few weeks. Some books have recently been graded and more accurate grades and location and date will be released in the next couple of weeks.

The pictures on the auction site were sketchy..I am skeptical since this would be near my area and I have not heard of it.
What auction site? (shrug)

In the panteon of "Greatest Silver Age Finds of the Century" where would you place this one? Would you consider it maybe the 58th "Greatest Silver Age Find of the Century"? Or might it be closer to the 347th "Greatest Silver Age Find of the Century"? I think it is important to put this "Greatest Silver Age Find of the Century" in perspective for historical purposes.

Wow. I didnt realize how sensitive everyone would be.

A lot of it is humorous posting, but if you are going to declare that this is one of the greatest SA finds you really should be sure about it.

Welcome to the boards and thanks for your invite!

Wow. I didnt realize how sensitive everyone would be.

A lot of it is humorous posting, but if you are going to declare that this is one of the greatest SA finds you really should be sure about it.

Welcome to the boards and thanks for your invite!

Exactly. It's the overhyping that sort of gets people. You act like it's something that people haven't seen before. Sure there are some nice copies of AF 15 and FF 1 and the Showcase 22 looks very nice.

Here's the problem, it's not a Pac Coast or White Mountain or anything, there are a lot of duds in those scans that are just run of the mill low grade stuff. It's not even as nice as the Rocky Mountain collection.

So when you come on and overhype it, be prepared for a little ribbing.