• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CONAN THE BARBARIAN vs. THE CHIN ....... ooops, Jay strikes out

What's gonna happen?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What's gonna happen?

29 posts in this topic

Conan is terrific and more importantly Funny!

Not funny enough to stop Leno from taking the show back from him.

Conan's last show was tonight.

Leno has now dethroned them all ...... Carson, Letterman, and Conan.

And also Joan Rivers who was a frequent guest host for Carson and thought she would get the host job after Carson.

Bottom line is ratings and Conan's ratings were pretty low regardless if the ratings were fair with Conan having to follow Leno's show and then the news. People who watched Leno probably tuned out to Conan as "Hey, I've already watched my talk show for the evening". Too bad for Conan. I hope he bounces back on some other network.

I liked them both, but it appears there's only room for one.

I liked Jay on the Tonight Show, but I always preferred Late Nite with Conan. Honestly, I only watched one episode since Conan got the Tonight show. I just don't watch late night talkshows anymore.

I see how upsetting this can be for Conan. He said the Tonight Show was his dream. For him to land his dream job and have it taken away so quickly and embarrassingly like that. The 34 mil might make it hurt less, but it's still gotta hurt.

I guess this proves that there is lots of boring people in the world.

Jay Leno 1, American culture 0. :cry:

fly-over states need entertainment too

they are the ones supporting jay

:taptaptap:

i hope leno fails horribly when he takes over the tonight show again. regardless of whether you like conan, regardless of ratings (jay's were low too), regardless of the $45 mil, nbc and leno both did conan dirty.