• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogami's Shadow Gallery!

7,518 posts in this topic

(or)

"This Old Man Cave"

(or)

"And Lo, There Shall Come a Comic Book Room Redo"

Yeah, It's going to be that kind of thread. I don't expect this thread to be everybody's cup of tea. What it is is a narrative of one man's journey through redoing his comic book room. The last thing I wanted to do was clutter up the "Show Us Your Comic Book Room" thread with all of the dirty details, but I thought there would be some interest in people seeing a complete overhaul of a room. Enjoy. I'll be posting here for a few days from start to finish of the redo.

Nate

18picsbookandcomicbookcollection-12.jpg

Here's a pic of the room before the redo. The shelf unit could hold 35 short boxes. It was a great unit, but two of these, this size, right next to each other would have been too big for the space.

Nate, go for it.

I'll be looking for ideas as I make over my cave.

:wishluck:

Hey, buddy. Happy Birthday, grats on recent news, and Andrew, I'm coming back to respond in the Hansii thread. It's been a crazy month, with kids starting back to school, 3 kids playing soccer, church kicking back up three notches, and finishing the room.

18picsbookandcomicbookcollection-10.jpg

Here's the wall of books. Note that this is now the wall with the built in desk and book case units, so the idea is similar. In the old room, it was all about functionality, so you can see I'm just using 1x6's and bricks for my shelving. Very "college dorm" meets "redneck chic".

18picsbookandcomicbookcollection-13.jpg

Another angle of the room, pre-redo. The room is a 10'x11' room with concrete substrate, sheetrock walls and electrical work all complete. All that was needed was some demolition, (more on that in a minute) and lots of construction and painting, etc.

Finally, a thread I'll actually enjoy reading! Thanks, and give me some good ideas for my next house.

Right on, Vaughn. I read where you said you had an entire house to yourself. Oh, the things I could do, given more space.

I think you'll like some of the man elements of the room.