• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oh, a rant about an eBay seller. How trite.

373 posts in this topic

I hate to do this, but I find this kind of behavior very unacceptable, especially from a "well known seller". I only know about this since my dad called me about it very upset, and if it's one thing I can not tolerate, is my dad being upset. For those of you who don't know, my dad and I collect comics together. Some of you guys know him because my dad has bought off of here. I love my dad with all of my heart, and to see anyone treat him that was really tears me up on the inside.

My dad bought some ASM's from this guy in the past, I'd say the last time he got any was March? This exchange happened yesterday, and today:

"mark,

hey! ok the spideys are in......let me know thw #'s again of the following as i remember i had most of them graded for you.......give me the #'s needed and i'll give you grade and price...they graded really high!!

Regards,

Nuff Said Collectibles"

"Randy,

I am not currently buying any more Amazing Spiderman's, as I am concentrating my efforts in another direction.Thanks for thinking of me.

Mark"

"WHAT! YOU TOLD ME YOU WANTED THESE...SO I SENT THEM TO CGC TO BE GRADED FOR YOU! I HAD NO INTENTION ON DOING SO UNLESS YOU NEEDED THEM...YOU NEED TO STICK TO YOUR PROMISE....AS IS SPENT ALOT OF MONEY GRADING THEM ....FOR YOU!" You want my opinion? That was stupid. You should have contacted my dad before hand to see if he was even still collecting ASM's.

"I never commit to this type of thing without knowing what cost will be involved !You need to get better organized in your business and stop blaming others for your shortcomings.It is not right to try to intimidate me this way.You need to grow up.Do not bother me again!"

"you have some nerve!! i have only been nice to you. i have given you great books at great prices...and even held things for a period of time to allow you to pay at your convience. i have the email somewhere where you told me the books you wanted and were quite aware of the fact that i was sending them to cgc for YOU! don't worry,,not only will i never "botther" you again, but i will now send this entire story to all others that i know you have done business with. all i can say is you should be ashamed of yourself." No buddy, you haven't. I told my dad months ago to be careful around you.

"I do not have any idea what you are talking about.You have always charged me top dollar for the books you sold me.You have gotten a lot of money from me.You have always rushed me into paying more quickly than I wanted to and overpay for shipping with smaller orders.You have sent me books with old labels without telling me in advance, that I had to resubmit for reholder at more expense.You have not always been nice to me.This is a prime example.I never comitted to any books with you to send in to CGC WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT I WOULD PAY FOR THEM .To do so otherwise would not be economically feasible.Whatever email you fabricate is just that.

I still wish you best future success ."

"F**K OFF individual_without_enough_empathy..........YOU HAVE NOW BEEN BLOCKED FORM MY RECIEVEING ANY OF YOUR STUPID EMAILS....AND FROM EBAY AS WELL........"

That was his last reply. My dad called me pretty shaken up, and I can see why. You sir, should be ashamed of yourself! I would never, NEVER treat anyone that way, especially a customer! I feel bad for posting this, but I feel as though you guys should know.

He submits books "for" your dad that your dad doesn't even know he has? The guy is off his rocker. Tell your dad to just forget him and ignore it, there's no use in letting the mental imbalances of other people affect your own state of mind.

He submits books "for" your dad that your dad doesn't even know he has? The guy is off his rocker. Tell your dad to just forget him and ignore it, there's no use in letting the mental imbalances of other people affect your own state of mind.

+1

This guy is a

blo01.jpg

I hate to do this, but I find this kind of behavior very unacceptable, especially from a "well known seller". I only know about this since my dad called me about it very upset, and if it's one thing I can not tolerate, is my dad being upset. For those of you who don't know, my dad and I collect comics together. Some of you guys know him because my dad has bought off of here. I love my dad with all of my heart, and to see anyone treat him that was really tears me up on the inside.

My dad bought some ASM's from this guy in the past, I'd say the last time he got any was March? This exchange happened yesterday, and today:

"mark,

hey! ok the spideys are in......let me know thw #'s again of the following as i remember i had most of them graded for you.......give me the #'s needed and i'll give you grade and price...they graded really high!!

Regards,

Nuff Said Collectibles"

"Randy,

I am not currently buying any more Amazing Spiderman's, as I am concentrating my efforts in another direction.Thanks for thinking of me.

Mark"

"WHAT! YOU TOLD ME YOU WANTED THESE...SO I SENT THEM TO CGC TO BE GRADED FOR YOU! I HAD NO INTENTION ON DOING SO UNLESS YOU NEEDED THEM...YOU NEED TO STICK TO YOUR PROMISE....AS IS SPENT ALOT OF MONEY GRADING THEM ....FOR YOU!" You want my opinion? That was stupid. You should have contacted my dad before hand to see if he was even still collecting ASM's.

"I never commit to this type of thing without knowing what cost will be involved !You need to get better organized in your business and stop blaming others for your shortcomings.It is not right to try to intimidate me this way.You need to grow up.Do not bother me again!"

Right about here is where Kanye would step in and say he's going to let you finish but kryptospideys rant is better

"you have some nerve!! i have only been nice to you. i have given you great books at great prices...and even held things for a period of time to allow you to pay at your convience. i have the email somewhere where you told me the books you wanted and were quite aware of the fact that i was sending them to cgc for YOU! don't worry,,not only will i never "botther" you again, but i will now send this entire story to all others that i know you have done business with. all i can say is you should be ashamed of yourself." No buddy, you haven't. I told my dad months ago to be careful around you.

"I do not have any idea what you are talking about.You have always charged me top dollar for the books you sold me.You have gotten a lot of money from me.You have always rushed me into paying more quickly than I wanted to and overpay for shipping with smaller orders.You have sent me books with old labels without telling me in advance, that I had to resubmit for reholder at more expense.You have not always been nice to me.This is a prime example.I never comitted to any books with you to send in to CGC WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT I WOULD PAY FOR THEM .To do so otherwise would not be economically feasible.Whatever email you fabricate is just that.

"F**K OFF individual_without_enough_empathy..........YOU HAVE NOW BEEN BLOCKED FORM MY RECIEVEING ANY OF YOUR STUPID EMAILS....AND FROM EBAY AS WELL........"

That was his last reply. My dad called me pretty shaken up, and I can see why. You sir, should be ashamed of yourself! I would never, NEVER treat anyone that way, especially a customer! I feel bad for posting this, but I feel as though you guys should know.

Seriously though, the guy is a wingnut. It'll be better for your dad in the long run. Sucks to be trated like that though. :(

How old is your dad? Does he have a touch of the alzies?

If the answer is "No" to the 2nd one then the guy is way out of line. But if your dad did send him some sort of want list back in even say March and just forgot then I could see this guy getting a little ticked.

BUT I would never treat a customer like this, you gotta use more tact than this imo.

Well reading your dad's replies it seems this guy's self implosion has done your dad a favour. No more buying from a pushy seller if he ever felt obliged to (thumbs u

Wow. Sorry your dad got stressed out. Tell him not to give it a second thought. This sort of behavior is inexcusable, especially for a "business." Way to go guys! Good way to build up positive word of mouth. :screwy:

Edited by Dick Pontoon

How old is your dad? Does he have a touch of the alzies?

If the answer is "No" to the 2nd one then the guy is way out of line. But if your dad did send him some sort of want list back in even say March and just forgot then I could see this guy getting a little ticked.

BUT I would never treat a customer like this, you gotta use more tact than this imo.

Excuse me? No. My dad is 59 and is sharper then I am!

I did however log back through his email, and he never sent such a list. I did wonder that at first (I'm sorry if I sound offended but it's a rather personal question to ask). I usually check his email on a daily basis (because I'm a snoop) and I even questioned myself if I would forget something like that. But again, nada!

"mark,

Regards,

Nuff Said Collectibles"

"Randy,

Mark"

Right about here is where Kanye would step in and say he's going to let you finish but kryptospideys rant is better

Seriously though, the guy is a wingnut. It'll be better for your dad in the long run. Sucks to be trated like that though. :(

:o:roflmao: