• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oh, a rant about an eBay seller. How trite.

373 posts in this topic

BL, I wonder who exactly wrote the email from Neat Stuff and if upper management knows that this turd is pulling stuff like this?

Any chance you have some insight?

Nuff Said not Neat Stuff :gossip:

Oops. Sorry about that. Brain fart...I just woke up from a nap.

:cloud9:

Will fix my post.

What about the rest of them?

( lol )

:blush:

This is a ridiculous complaint by the seller regardless of the impression he was under when he sent them in. High grade CGCd Spideys are as liquid as comic books get. I would completely let the whole thing roll right off your back. There's no need to lose a customer over that.

If it was a less desiriable run that would never had been graded otherwise, at least I could see his side. So now he feels he was "stuck" with a bunch of high grade spideys? I wish I had such problems.

He should have gotten payment up front if he was slabbing them specifically for a customer. And the content of the exchange is inexcusable regardless of the circumstances.

IMHO.

This is a ridiculous complaint by the seller regardless of the impression he was under when he sent them in. High grade CGCd Spideys are as liquid as comic books get. I would completely let the whole thing roll right off your back. There's no need to lose a customer over that.

If it was a less desiriable run that would never had been graded otherwise, at least I could see his side. So now he's feels he was "stuck" with a bunch of high grade spideys? I wish I had such problems.

He should have gotten payment up front if he was slabbing them specifically for a customer. And the content of the exchange is inexcusable regardless of the circumstances.

IMHO.

I just want to thank CKB for proper use of "regardless." (thumbs u

I hate to do this, but I find this kind of behavior very unacceptable, especially from a "well known seller". I only know about this since my dad called me about it very upset, and if it's one thing I can not tolerate, is my dad being upset. For those of you who don't know, my dad and I collect comics together. Some of you guys know him because my dad has bought off of here. I love my dad with all of my heart, and to see anyone treat him that was really tears me up on the inside.

My dad bought some ASM's from this guy in the past, I'd say the last time he got any was March? This exchange happened yesterday, and today:

"mark,

hey! ok the spideys are in......let me know thw #'s again of the following as i remember i had most of them graded for you.......give me the #'s needed and i'll give you grade and price...they graded really high!!

Regards,

Nuff Said Collectibles"

"Randy,

I am not currently buying any more Amazing Spiderman's, as I am concentrating my efforts in another direction.Thanks for thinking of me.

Mark"

"WHAT! YOU TOLD ME YOU WANTED THESE...SO I SENT THEM TO CGC TO BE GRADED FOR YOU! I HAD NO INTENTION ON DOING SO UNLESS YOU NEEDED THEM...YOU NEED TO STICK TO YOUR PROMISE....AS IS SPENT ALOT OF MONEY GRADING THEM ....FOR YOU!" You want my opinion? That was stupid. You should have contacted my dad before hand to see if he was even still collecting ASM's.

"I never commit to this type of thing without knowing what cost will be involved !You need to get better organized in your business and stop blaming others for your shortcomings.It is not right to try to intimidate me this way.You need to grow up.Do not bother me again!"

"you have some nerve!! i have only been nice to you. i have given you great books at great prices...and even held things for a period of time to allow you to pay at your convience. i have the email somewhere where you told me the books you wanted and were quite aware of the fact that i was sending them to cgc for YOU! don't worry,,not only will i never "botther" you again, but i will now send this entire story to all others that i know you have done business with. all i can say is you should be ashamed of yourself." No buddy, you haven't. I told my dad months ago to be careful around you.

"I do not have any idea what you are talking about.You have always charged me top dollar for the books you sold me.You have gotten a lot of money from me.You have always rushed me into paying more quickly than I wanted to and overpay for shipping with smaller orders.You have sent me books with old labels without telling me in advance, that I had to resubmit for reholder at more expense.You have not always been nice to me.This is a prime example.I never comitted to any books with you to send in to CGC WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT I WOULD PAY FOR THEM .To do so otherwise would not be economically feasible.Whatever email you fabricate is just that.

I still wish you best future success ."

"F**K OFF individual_without_enough_empathy..........YOU HAVE NOW BEEN BLOCKED FORM MY RECIEVEING ANY OF YOUR STUPID EMAILS....AND FROM EBAY AS WELL........"

That was his last reply. My dad called me pretty shaken up, and I can see why. You sir, should be ashamed of yourself! I would never, NEVER treat anyone that way, especially a customer! I feel bad for posting this, but I feel as though you guys should know.

If someone told me to look out for , or even to get any items that I may see in our estate sales for them , I would , however I sure wouldn't be spending time,energy and $$ on these items. People's needs,desires,and priorities change. PERIOD ! No business(that's in bus. ) operates on that "but you told me scenario". lol

Guy's silly... meh

hm I think I'm gonna place a few dozen orders for him to slab some books for me. :/

Edited by bhhooks22

If it was a less desiriable run that would never had been graded otherwise, at least I could see his side. So now he's feels he was "stuck" with a bunch of high grade spideys? I wish I had such problems.

Don't we all. lol oh noes! Don't burden me with high grade slabbed Spideys. What ever shall I do.

This would be my reply to the fool....

Ask him if he wants some cheese to go with that WHINE. Then offer to pick up the phone and dial WHINE-one-one so the Waaaaaaahmbulance can come pick him up.

BL, I wonder who exactly wrote the email from Neat Stuff and if upper management knows that this turd is pulling stuff like this?

Will fix my post.

:slapfight:

Well, I'm sure your dad is the only person who's ever had a problem with this seller.

Oh, wait: :whistle:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=nuffsaidcollectibles&Dirn=Received+by&ref=home

The sad thing is that ebay's feedback numbers only reflect the past 12 months now. This guy's numbers should be horrible. Sellers like this have MUCH better numbers than they should because of this policy.

this is my fav:

Neutral feedback rating Took 17 days to post, no contact until chased. Otherwise good item. Buyer:

unreal52 ( 1033 [Feedback score is 1,000 to 4,999] )

Jun-30-08 10:29

Reply by nuffsaidcollectibles (Jul-03-08 14:43):

sorry,took a summer vacation for a week.did life change without futurama toys?

o

Follow-up by unreal52 (Jul-10-08 11:11):

Nice sales technique to belittle collectors of your merchandise - way to go!!

Personally I like the new Ebay feedback going only 12 months. Feel free to check my ebay handle (same as here) and you can see my HORRIBLE feedback in the beginning. The new system allows a seller to improve and not have the history of the ebay learning curve haunt you.

Unfortunately it is sellers like this that seem to take advantage of the new system. I'm surprised he hasn't received the boot off Ebay although under the new system next month he might.

Will fix my post.

Baby steps... :foryou:

Will fix my post.

Baby steps... :foryou:

BAH!

You are simply unable to appreciate the finer things.

He probably shills his auctions too.

From his Ebay "MY" page:

To protect bidder privacy, when the price or highest bid on an item reaches or exceeds a certain level, User IDs will be displayed as anonymous names. For auction items, a bold price means at least one bid has been received.

Note: Anonymous names may appear more than once and may represent different bidders.

I hate to do this, but I find this kind of behavior very unacceptable, especially from a "well known seller". I only know about this since my dad called me about it very upset, and if it's one thing I can not tolerate, is my dad being upset. For those of you who don't know, my dad and I collect comics together. Some of you guys know him because my dad has bought off of here. I love my dad with all of my heart, and to see anyone treat him that was really tears me up on the inside.

My dad bought some ASM's from this guy in the past, I'd say the last time he got any was March? This exchange happened yesterday, and today:

"mark,

hey! ok the spideys are in......let me know thw #'s again of the following as i remember i had most of them graded for you.......give me the #'s needed and i'll give you grade and price...they graded really high!!

Regards,

Nuff Said Collectibles"

"Randy,

I am not currently buying any more Amazing Spiderman's, as I am concentrating my efforts in another direction.Thanks for thinking of me.

Mark"

"WHAT! YOU TOLD ME YOU WANTED THESE...SO I SENT THEM TO CGC TO BE GRADED FOR YOU! I HAD NO INTENTION ON DOING SO UNLESS YOU NEEDED THEM...YOU NEED TO STICK TO YOUR PROMISE....AS IS SPENT ALOT OF MONEY GRADING THEM ....FOR YOU!" You want my opinion? That was stupid. You should have contacted my dad before hand to see if he was even still collecting ASM's.

"I never commit to this type of thing without knowing what cost will be involved !You need to get better organized in your business and stop blaming others for your shortcomings.It is not right to try to intimidate me this way.You need to grow up.Do not bother me again!"

"you have some nerve!! i have only been nice to you. i have given you great books at great prices...and even held things for a period of time to allow you to pay at your convience. i have the email somewhere where you told me the books you wanted and were quite aware of the fact that i was sending them to cgc for YOU! don't worry,,not only will i never "botther" you again, but i will now send this entire story to all others that i know you have done business with. all i can say is you should be ashamed of yourself." No buddy, you haven't. I told my dad months ago to be careful around you.

"I do not have any idea what you are talking about.You have always charged me top dollar for the books you sold me.You have gotten a lot of money from me.You have always rushed me into paying more quickly than I wanted to and overpay for shipping with smaller orders.You have sent me books with old labels without telling me in advance, that I had to resubmit for reholder at more expense.You have not always been nice to me.This is a prime example.I never comitted to any books with you to send in to CGC WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT I WOULD PAY FOR THEM .To do so otherwise would not be economically feasible.Whatever email you fabricate is just that.

I still wish you best future success ."

"F**K OFF individual_without_enough_empathy..........YOU HAVE NOW BEEN BLOCKED FORM MY RECIEVEING ANY OF YOUR STUPID EMAILS....AND FROM EBAY AS WELL........"

That was his last reply. My dad called me pretty shaken up, and I can see why. You sir, should be ashamed of yourself! I would never, NEVER treat anyone that way, especially a customer! I feel bad for posting this, but I feel as though you guys should know.

If someone told me to look out for , or even to get any items that I may see in our estate sales for them , I would , however I sure wouldn't be spending time,energy and $$ on these items. People's needs,desires,and priorities change. PERIOD ! No business(that's in bus. ) operates on that "but you told me scenario". lol

Guy's silly... meh

hm I think I'm gonna place a few dozen orders for him to slab some books for me. :/

To quote Obama - "What a person_too_unaware_of_social_graces!!" Somebody needs to teach that guy a lesson. That being said if you take orders for CGC submissions then GET A DEPOSIT!! Works for me 2c

Edited by branget

There was something seriously wrong with this guys tactics. I don't think it really matters if your dad had sent him a wantlist or not anymore. There is no excuse for that kind of behavior. When someone has that little respect for a customer it should be an easy decision for a customer to want to never do business again.

He probably shills his auctions too.

From his Ebay "MY" page:

To protect bidder privacy, when the price or highest bid on an item reaches or exceeds a certain level, User IDs will be displayed as anonymous names. For auction items, a bold price means at least one bid has been received.

Note: Anonymous names may appear more than once and may represent different bidders.

He added his own "Custom Shilling Clause" ! :o Classic..... lolmeh

Don't we all. lol oh noes! Don't burden me with high grade slabbed Spideys. What ever shall I do.

This would be my reply to the fool....

Ask him if he wants some cheese to go with that WHINE. Then offer to pick up the phone and dial WHINE-one-one so the Waaaaaaahmbulance can come pick him up.

Am now filled with the urge to watch episodes of Mad Men.

Speaking of bad feedback (which nuffsaid certainly has), check this one out:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=alisher71&Dirn=Received+by

Did they get you for an ipod that never showed up? The only thing I can find about them is that in 2006 it was believed they were in Russia. Sounds like they were in the US temporarily and snagged some travel money before departing. 100 x $300-$500=$30,000-$50,000

LAUREN....AN APOLOGY? NOT ON YOUR LIFE! NOT THAT WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE FACTS, BUT......YOUR DAD IS AN ! I HAVE SOLD HIM MANY...MANY BOOKS. ALL OF WHICH WERE VERY WELL PRICED ,AND SINCE THEY WERE ALL CGC'D BOOKS THE SLABING COST NEVER CAME INTO PLAY. THERE WERE MANY TIMES WHEN HE SAID THE $ WOULD BE SENT BY PAYPAL ON A CERTAIN DAY & THAT NEVER HAPPENED. ON THIS DEAL THAT YOU SO RIGHTIOUSLY HAVE COME TO YOUR FATHER'S RESCUE...EVEN THOUGH IT SEEMS HE CAME CRYING TO YOU LIKE A BABY......SO SORRY HE IS UPSET........BUT TELL HIM TO GROW A PAIR!

I TOLD HIM ABOUT A NEW BUNCH OF UN-SLABED AMAZING SPIDER-MAN'S THAT I AQUIRED, AND AS ALWAYS I OFFERED THEM TO HIM FIRST....HE SENT ME A LIST OF THE #'S HE WANTED, AND WE AGREED THAT I WOULD SEND THEM TO CGC TO BE GRADED, AND WHEN I RECEIVED THEM I WOULD LET HIM KNOW GRADE/PAGE QUALITY, AND PRICE...AND HE TOLD ME TO COUNT ON HIM TO BUY ALL THOSE ISSUES HE NEEDED...AND SO I DID JUST THAT. AS CGC HAS BEEN RUNNING LATE ON ALOT OF STUFF...I GOT THEM IN YESTERDAY, AND SENT THE ENTIRE LIST TO YOUR FATHER TO AGAIN ASK HIM TO LET ME KNOW WHICH ISSUES HE WANTED.........HE TOLD ME HE WAS "NO LONGER COLLECTING SPIDER-MAN'S" AND THANKED ME FOR THINKING OF HIM??? GIVE ME A BREAK!

BEING QUITE SHOCKED I TOLD HIM HE NEEDED TO KEEP HIS END OF THE DEAL...AS I HAD ONLY SENT THEM OUT DUE TO HIS REQUEST....AND THAT I HAD SPENT A GOOD DEAL OF MONEY TO DO SO.........HE MUST HAVE BEEN KNOCKED ON A HEAD A FEW TIMES OVER THE LAST FEW MONTHS BECAUSE HE CONVENIENTLY FORGOT EVER HAVING SAID ANY OF THOSE THINGS TO ME.......SO NOW I HAVE TO GO ELSEWHERE TO SELL THESE.......SO AS FAR AS HIS FEELINGS...OR YOUR FEELINGS FOR THAT MATTER....I DONT GIVE A RATS ABOUT THEM...AND I STICK WITH WHAT I SAID BEFORE......HE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIMSELF.....AND NOW SO SHOULD YOU FOR BEING SUCH A TATTLE TAIL...WHEN YOU NOT ONLY DONT KNOW THE FACTS...BUT IT SEEMS YOUR FROM YOU ELBOW AS WELL......