• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bad transaction between me and Forum member GreatEscape

308 posts in this topic

We sell 6 figure cars and have dozens of people pull in every month simply because they are too lazy to read the owner's manual. They thingk there is a problem with the car when in fact it is operator error.

What did Benz do?

Instead of trying to educate the customers, they "dumbed down" the cars and got rid of anything that might confuse the customer because what happened was clients were giving back ownership surveys with poor marks...not because the cars were poorly built but because clients had the perception that the cars were poorly built. It was all their laziness and lack of education that caused them all this grief. It is because of this that Mercedes Benz slipped in may ownership surveys.

Blinking clock LED on your Video player anybody?

I'll add some more tonite as I need to get some work done, but what this discussion does is open up the topic of how much responsibility does the consumer really need to have to be able to make an informed purchase and enjoy a product and I'm not a big fan of dumbing down but maybe it's a necessity.

Would you mind dumbing down that response for me? :P

Why not do the same thing with brittle pages as with qualified books and just add an extra "qualified grade" for a brittle paged book that states what the comic WOULD grade, if it didn´t have brittle pages?

That was going to be my suggestion. I think Brittle pages are like a clipped coupon or missing page....in both cases you can have a real nice book, except for the missing 7th page, or the crumbling pages, etc.

A real nice book? The pages are crumbling!!! :makepoint:

Why not do the same thing with brittle pages as with qualified books and just add an extra "qualified grade" for a brittle paged book that states what the comic WOULD grade, if it didn´t have brittle pages?

That was going to be my suggestion. I think Brittle pages are like a clipped coupon or missing page....in both cases you can have a real nice book, except for the missing 7th page, or the crumbling pages, etc.

Imagine what would happen if there was SCS on a brittle book.

:insane:

:slapfight:

Confetti.

We sell 6 figure cars and have dozens of people pull in every month simply because they are too lazy to read the owner's manual. They thingk there is a problem with the car when in fact it is operator error.

What did Benz do?

Instead of trying to educate the customers, they "dumbed down" the cars and got rid of anything that might confuse the customer because what happened was clients were giving back ownership surveys with poor marks...not because the cars were poorly built but because clients had the perception that the cars were poorly built. It was all their laziness and lack of education that caused them all this grief. It is because of this that Mercedes Benz slipped in may ownership surveys.

I'll add some more tonite as I need to get some work done, but what this discussion does is open up the topic of how much responsibility does the consumer really need to have to be able to make an informed purchase and enjoy a product and I'm not a big fan of dumbing down but maybe it's a necessity.

*Passes on pre-assembled "how to press" joke.* :foryou:

What did Benz do?

*Passes on pre-assembled "how to press" joke.* :foryou:

Yes , I did ! And I was thinking about it. lol

Thanks Andy. My apologies for, well, all this trouble.

Way to step up. In this thread, you handled things very professionally.

I got to about page 20 before I gave up on this thread. Good to hear things were resolved. But I wouldnt say he handled things very professionally. If he did that then this thread wouldnt have existed.

You misread me. I said IN THIS THREAD, you handled things very professionally. And I agree with you.