• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic-Keys outed as Danny Dupcak by CBG

541 posts in this topic

Oh I'm sure he'll find an excuse to account for the new negs. It seems he has an answer for everything. confused-smiley-013.gif

I was the one who negatived him, I posted some info in the beginning of this thread but it was barely noticed .

i'm not trolling, confused.gif i have all the PM's. my personal info is on my home page as of you too. i've asked "phantom" his email address, and all i got was back peddling disinformation....what does he have to hide if it's not him? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif i even stated, that i'll issue a public apology if i'm wrong, and still nothing, zip, nada. foreheadslap.gif

Some people just want to remain private...maybe they've been robbed, cheated, or stolen from. Who knows why they're that way, they just are...I guess most just err on the side of caution. Some people on here might not want others to know where they live because they're afraid people might come and steal their comics. Why do people have unlisted phone numbers? I dunno, some people just do...there are dozens of legitimate reasons why people want to remain hidden.

Exactly....most people don't have full contact information on their profile. It has nothing to do with things to hide...etc. I'm not comfortable listing my EMAIL address but others like you are perfectly fine with it. Doesn't mean that one is person is trying to hide anything. On this note, I'm out! This has become sadly another example of mob mentality with no back-up info. Are we all so blind to the available facts that we automatically join in to a ruckus just because someone of "cred" is involved?

I am also one of the few people as well here who posts personal information. I've said it before - for me personally , if I going to be critical and sometimes confrontational with people on this board - I feel they should know exactly who it is coming from. I understand why some people would not feel comfortable with that but , love me or hate me, you know exactly where my opinion is coming from.

Beyonder, PLEASE put some spaces in your 'stop' post so that the screen isn't stretched!

Drives me up the wall on my tiny screen.

-- Joanna

Sorry.....but I couldn't think of any other way to put an end to this madness.

I just... have a small screen, that's all. Sure, I know that the bigshots here have magnificent computers with giant plasma wide-screens, and I'm just a small monitored punk, but some day they'll see -- I'll be the one with the giant screen and I'll laugh about posts without spaces -- laugh, I say!

And maybe then I'll care about stars!

Nah, that just isn't going to happen. STARS ARE MEANINGLESS! As soon as you let go of the NEED to have 3 stars, then it doesn't mean squat when your stars are attacked! I say make your own shills and rate yourself 1 star over and over until you have so few that NO ONE can can impact your rating negatively again! Rise up, my brothers! I have a dream! I have a dream that posters will one day post on a message board where they will not be judged by the number of their stars but by the content of their character. I have a dream!

Don't mind me, it's the small screen talking.

Joanna, I for one, am just pleased to see you posting again. Where have you been?

I was the one who negatived him, I posted some info in the beginning of this thread but it was barely noticed .

I noticed, and I was(and still am) waiting to hear your story. Actually, I've been wating the couple of months since you said you were going to buy from him. I came on today about 45 mintues ago, and there were 200+ posts on this thread since I last looked yesterday. I'm not interested in whatever garbage is going on right now, and only came to this thread to skim for your story. Please post it, on a seperate thread if necessary. thumbsup2.gif

Joanna, I for one, am just pleased to see you posting again. Where have you been?

Aww, thanks, Shield! Have I been missing? Perhaps my output did decline a bit recently. I was busy writing a couple of books, but those are done. And I'm not in the WC or GPF because of a bet (have to stay away for a month). But I'm back now! Woo hoo!

-- Joanna

I noticed, and I was(and still am) waiting to hear your story. Actually, I've been wating the couple of months since you said you were going to buy from him. I came on today about 45 mintues ago, and there were 200+ posts on this thread since I last looked yesterday. I'm not interested in whatever garbage is going on right now, and only came to this thread to skim for your story. Please post it, on a seperate thread if necessary. thumbsup2.gif

Ah, someone remembered. Well, here it goes - it is a long one. I won two auctions from the scam artist back in October for X-men 28 and 5. It was not a lot of money and, until then, I had been undecided as to whether the rumors were true about comic-keys. So I took a chance. I won the first auction on 10/18 and second the next day. I never heard from him until 10/23. The thief apologized for the "radio silence" and told me he had computer problems as well as he recently moved. I responded and told him I would like to pick the books up, if possible. I sent 5 emails initially before the scam artist contacted me. I requested to pick the books up. The scam artist did not respond. Finally, the scam artist responded on 10/30 and claimed to have problems with email. The cowardly, thieving scam artist stated that he would mail the books out on Saturday 11/1. Of course, I did not receive the books. I waited another 11 days (and many emails) before I initiated a complaint to Square Trade and Paypal. This is what the sewer scum was waiting for - he immediately issued a reversal of charges but it was held in limbo because he sent me the wrong amount. I am sure the scu_mbag scam artist was waiting for me to go away but I did not. He requested a mediator from Square Trade and I accepted. I stated my case - I want the books and will accept picking them or having them mailed to me. He continued to give everyone the run around and I sent this message to the mediator:

1. I want written confirmation that the 2 comics are unrestored.

2. I will then re-issue payment.

3. The X-men 28 in 9.6 and X-men 5 in 9.0 will be sent via United States post office priority insured mail with signature confirmation - as per our original agreement.

Paypal then sent me this email:

Our investigation has determined that the seller is at fault, and as a result we have attempted to recover your funds. $841.94 USD has been credited to your account. This is the maximum amount we were able to recover. Please allow up to 5 days for this adjustment to be reflected in your account.

After that email , the piece of garbage scam artist stopped responding for two weeks. Even the mediator contacted me and told me that Mr. Comic-scam artist stopped responding to her.

He finally responded that he feels the deal was no longer a transaction. Again, I made the same requests as above. Now that the limp d|[!@#%^&^] was backed into a corner so he told the mediator the books are no longer available because he sold them to someone else - even though we were in direct, mediated negotiations.

This piece of flotsam never intended to complete the transaction because he knew that I could detect restoration and/or that I was going to overnight this to CGC.

Last week I left him negative feedback. Here it is ( I hope you are reading this you bottom feeding scam artist) :

Did not complete transaction, bad communications, looks like the rumors are true Seller comic-keys

Beware, will not complete transaction if you can check for restoration.AVOID. Seller comic-keys

Sent Paypal for win, CANCELS paypal for win, then negs ME for not sending book?? Seller comic-keys

Sent paypal for book, then cancelled paypal, then negs me for not sending book?? Seller comic-keys )

So , anybody care to tell me how you can cancel a payment through Paypal? Of course, YOU CAN"T. You can start a complaint process but you cannot cancel a payment. He is a truly pathetic thief and liar. Now he is trying to get the negatives removed but it is not going to happen. I won an auction, I paid, he did not deliver. Bottom line.

But it has not ended yet. He now initiated a complaint process to have the negative feedback removed. Here is his colorful "interpretation" :

I would like the feedback left for me for this transaction to be removed.

Buyer says that merchandise not received.

No payment received, did not send merchandise.

Further Details About the Problem:

This was a well documented Square Trade Case (Please search my past Square Trade case activity). This is the fellow that SENT payment (Paypal), wanted to MEET to transact the books (pick them up in person), and while I was trying to schedule for him to meet in person CANCELLED HIS PAYPAL PAYMENT. The, he complained to Square Trade that I would not send the books, even though payment was NEVER reissued. After he invalidated his payment, I offered the books elsewhere and considered his win null and void and the deal vacated. He complained to Square Trade (it's in the records...all the details that I won't bore you with here, please read the prior case history), and we got nowhere. NOW, he has not only negatived me for not completing the deal (after he rescinded payment) but left as one of his negatives something to the effect of my selling restored books...what does that have to do with this...he received NOTHING from me because he didn't PAY for the books). PLEASE help me on this remova

Richard Koos's requested solutions:

There is nothing to do. He cancelled payment!!! I didn't send books on a cancelled payment and I don't in any way shape or form deserve either the comments made or negative given. There WAS NO TRANSACTION

So here was some of my response :

I am not willing to discuss this matter of feedback removal at all.

This is part of a two part complaint: case 129293163 & 639293163. This is basically what I sent in my other message. -I never rescinded payment. -I never received what I paid for. - I repeatedly asked seller to verify authenticity of items. - Paypal forced seller to refund full payment.. He states above that in the feedback that I left for him that I stated he sells restored books - I absolutely never specifically stated he sells restored books. I know exactly what I wrote and since his feedback is private, you cannot see what it says. However, I can view it through my feedback and here is what I wrote : Beware, will not complete transaction if you can check for restoration.AVOID. Here is the link: http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedbackMemberLeft&memberId=tomega&items=25 Bottom line - I paid for auction items and the seller never shipped them, that is the reason for the negative feedback ( which he left for me as well.) You should be aware that this seller has been controversial for years and there is some question to his identity and the authenticity of what he sells. I have been involved with the comic business for years. It has been alleged that comic-keys is really a person named Daniel Dupcak or at least affiliated with him. I could show you the endless internet postings and police reports but I will point you to the most recent article: http://www.collect.com/interest/article.asp?Pub=BG&id=9997 This is from a well respected publisher in the collectibles field. This article is not only on the internet but in a newspaper that reaches tens if not hundreds of thousands of readers. This seller is definitely bad news and I implore you, as Square Trade, to seriously investigate the identity of this seller. Feedback is not everything so I suggest you read this article. I am not some kid who sells $5 comic books, I am a high end collector who is known by many legitimate companies who would be happy to vouch for my integrity and person. I seriously doubt you could find anybody who would do the same for Mr. Koos/Daniel Dupcak. I will vehemently fight any effort to remove my well deserved feedback for comic-keys and I am considering legal action for breach of contract. I would be happy to provide you with all emails from him and the SquareTrade mediator ( from cases 703330063 & 993330063) Thank you, Tom Kelly

Now I am sure he will come up with his own imaginative course of events but I have saved every email and correspondence with Square Trade. I really gave him the benefit of the doubt and he proved what a piece of cr@p he truly is - a liar, a thief, and a con artist. He has already has started lying in his auctions stating I cancelled payment. LIAR LIAR LIAR. I especially enjoy the part in my response to Square Trade pointing to the article about him in CBG.

I'm agreeing with Phantom on this one. Definately was way wrong to accuse people blindly. The apology seems like an afterthought at this point.

Brian

I'll have to agree that the evidence did not exist on this one guys. foreheadslap.gif I say just squash it and move on. After all, we always have HULK 181 and Spidey 129 to talk about tongue.gif

Somehow none of this surprises me. I wonder how many previous negs he's been able to get removed? So was Paypal able to recover all your funds or were you arse out on part of it? It's really too bad he didn't agree to meet in person. Would love to have heard that story.

Sorry supa but as I was reading this whole thread I could not believe the level paranoia and suspicion had gone this far.

I couldn't agree more. There's no way Phantom could be Dupkak.. Everyone knows Dupkak gave up restoring comics a long time ago. From what I hear, he changed his look so no one would recognize him and moved on to a new, more lucrative way of scamming people.

Picturecopy.jpg