• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You gotta see his auction rules!

26 posts in this topic

Joanna, if I had a dime for every personal check I've gotten after clearly stating no personal checks...I could buy, umm, a comic I wanted?

Yeah, bugs the heck out of me. I got another one today.

One freaking rule. Just one.

sigh.

-- Joanna

I send it back. My bank charges me if a check bounces, and usually the checks aren't for much money, so I could theoretically take a big loss by depositing them. It's the little sales that cause the most trouble, I've found. The expensive ones tend to be hassle-free, while those $5-$10 sales are really iffy.

I've got a massive jerk sassle-frasslin' NPB right now who won a cheap auction, then asked me to take down two other auctions for double the minimum (way more than I was expecting to get) because he wanted them all shipped together. It took me forever to pack this load of stuff because it was a whole bunch of action figures and big ship (Star Trek junk). Finally got it done, everything packed to perfection in boxes I had to make myself in order to get under the radar of the P.O. size price hike and when I presented him with the final bill, which included exact cost of shipping, he said he didn't like the price on the action figures and wanted them for next to nothing. I objected, so he decided he no longer wanted the action figures at all. Since the frickin' ship was the only thing he'd actually won on ebay, there was nothing for me to do but unpack everything, repack the ship alone, and lose the money on the pulled auctions, along with a lot of shipping supplies. It's now been well over a week and I haven't heard a word from him, so it looks like he doesn't want to buy the ship either. The cost of the ship -- $10.

I'm pretty sure that the ship is going to have a fatal accident. I think something heavy might fall on it and ooops crush it. I really don't want this thing in my house anymore after all this and I might get a wee bit of satisfaction planning and executing a massive ship destruction. It is also possible some action figures will lose their little, plastic lives.

-- Joanna

DARTHDIESEL wrote:

Inasmuch as I was oblivious to the "actual" rules, so are these payers of yours who insist on using credit cards to pay you thru paypal. When you return their payments, do you get a stink from them or do they understand? would you think that most buyers feel that they paid already and to pay again in another manner would be a hassle?

I don't usually get a stink from them because I've stated the rule to them several times. I can understand being confused by the rules in a website as big as paypals is. They have rules and instructions all over the website and you really have to search them out.

However, I state very clearly multiple times in my auctions that I don't accept credit card payments. Then, after the auction ends, I send them an email with payment instructions and again repeat numerous times, no credit card payments. So, what do I end up getting. Yep......frigging credit card payments. mad.gif

In all honesty, I don't really care about losing this little bit of business if they get mad at me for refusing their credit card payments. I don't run an enterprise, I just sell off some of my personal stuff on eBay every once in a while. And to tell you the truth, I'd rather not sell my precious stuff to some insufficiently_thoughtful_person who can't follow simple directions.

I've bought a ton of stuff on eBay and I have never once screwed up a payment to a seller. I really don't find that it's that hard to read and follow directions. Don't get me wrong......I know that every once in a while, an honest mistake can happen. But I believe that it's usually just someone being too lazy, ignorant, or stupid to pay attention.

Just my opinion. wink.gif