• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Contest--with Prize!

390 posts in this topic

I am about to send a large group of books to CGC, so I'm going to take this opportunity to start a grading contest. In honor of Nik the grading contest king I am putting up this book, which I bought in the Nik charity auction, as the grand prize. Anyone who would like to donate any other prizes feel free to PM me.

The rules:

Correct guesses get 5 points :)

If you're off by one increment you get 3 points

If you're off by two increments you get 1 point

If you're off by more than three increments you lose 2 points :(

The winner gets the Spidey book. Any other prizes will go to the runners up.

PM me your guesses. Anyone who puts guesses in the thread is disqualified :sumo:

Please PM me all your guesses at one time, with the books identified by number and the grade in numerical form.

You have up to 2 weeks to get your grades to me.

No information other than the scans will be provided.

The books are going in two tiers, so there will be an initial standing list in about a month, with the final standings sometime in December/January...

PLEASE NOTE that most of these books will be going economy so this contest is NOT for those in need of instant gratification lol

If you are interested please sign up in this thread. Participation is limited to the first 30 people who sign up. I will start putting up the scans after 30 people have signed up.

Here's the book--signed by both Stan Lee and John Romita :)

cgc0609055.jpg

I was hoping we could have a memorial grading contest in Nik's honor.

I'm in. (thumbs u

We have to put together a big one before year's end in his honor.

:sumo: