• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Susan Cicconi

266 posts in this topic

Custom rub downs sound like the easiest way to get it near perfect but I wonder how that repair would be classified. Would CGC give it a CT or would it get pieces added and if its pieces added, would it be considered accepted as a proffesional process and not amatuer? I also wonder how hard it would be to find a custom maker that could duplicate the original. With the Mylar stencil it could still come out wrong if the ct bleeds outwards but would still be better than doing it freehand. Rub downs would be a great for any small text like on the back covers. Oh Mr Zipper, a stamp would be hard to line up especially if original IND is still on the cover which most are and just need fill.

Custom rub-downs or transfer type can reproduce type perfectly in any color :idea:

The only caveat is it can be scraped off. But who scrapes a rare comic in a slab or bag?

There are still some places that make them in New York.

These are called INT's (which I believe stands for inter negative transfer). I was a graphic designer in art school in the pre-computer days, and the lengths we had to go to to make our student work look as if it were printed was absurd. One of our staples was the INT. They do require a film positive to make, but chances are any place that can provide an INT could do that as well. Look for reprographic houses or photo labs.

Disclaimer: I'm discussing something I did back in the 80s, there may very well be newer cheaper, better alternatives to the INT. Maybe google custom rub-on tattoos?

You are absolutely correct, they are/were called INT's.

However I believe INT was a brand name for a specific type of transfer materials that used standardized colors, black, blue, yellow, green, etc., etc., but I may be wrong.

The type of transfer type I'm referring to used custom colors mixed to match a precise swatch or a previous version. The brand name for this process was called Chromatec I believe.

This company makes this type of custom type transfers.

They have offices in New York, Atlanta and LA.

http://comp24.com/site/services/rubdowns.htm

GOOGLED CHROMATEC AND GOT THIS:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=chromatec+transfers&aq=3&oq=Chromatec&aqi=g5g-s1g4

P.s Nice motion-graphics reel Mackenzie999!

I think she did an awesome job!!

Trippy,

If you had brains you'd be dangerous. So do us all a favor and keep sipping on the alcohol and kill the little that remains.

Either post what has your panties in a twist or provide Susan Cocconi with the apology you owe her.

I think she did an awesome job!!

Trippy,

If you had brains you'd be dangerous. So do us all a favor and keep sipping on the alcohol and kill the little that remains.

Either post what has your panties in a twist or provide Susan Cocconi with the apology you owe her.

Don't know ya but well stated brotha! (thumbs u