• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original art and recreations
2 2

167 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

The finished color work of the 20" x 30" Silver Surfer page. First time using the Copic Airbrush System. Mixed results, in hindsight I think I would recommend to anyone else to not use it or if they want to use it to buy the version that attaches to an actual air compressor rather than using the air canister method I used. It is to inconsistent. Sometimes I would be holding the spray trigger down and literally nothing was happening.  I would fiddle with it, sometimes change out the air canister when it was getting to cold, other times adding ink to the marker. Some markers wouldn't work at all in the device, so I would switch it out for a different one that would work. In any event, I am sure my customer will be happy with the finished piece.

Silver Surfer Airbrushed.jpg

Beautiful :cloud9:

Same customer also wanted this 1973 era 7-11 Silver Surfer slurpee cup art recreated. The 7-11 logo was recreated in an art program I have rather than pull one from the internet to maintain high quality. Page is 11" x 17"

Silver Surfer 1973 7-11 cup.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

8 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

some more recent work. Page in color 12" x 18" of the 2 droids playing the funky "chesslike" game on the Millenium Falcon:

MDS00330_thumb_jpg_929eef53f1c9883082d0f8b3ecf3c887_jpg_61630587dd9d2e8bf227cadbccdad010.jpg

This is Fantastic!!!!! I'm curious. Is this an original concept? It's brilliant either way. I love the colors and effects of the lights. 

26 minutes ago, SpideyFein said:

This is Fantastic!!!!! I'm curious. Is this an original concept? It's brilliant either way. I love the colors and effects of the lights. 

Thanks, it is an original concept but not mine: the person who asked me to do it. Layout is me.

I didn't ask Karl's permission to post this. Hopefully he won't mind. I just wanted to share the piece that he recently completed for me. It is a recreation of an iconic cover with an added special touch to personalize it a bit. It's gorgeous and I'm proud to own it. Karl's work is top notch!

GSXM_1_Finished.thumb.jpg.94446e7c15462ae39e0eb5550ab9ee43.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 2:59 AM, Artboy99 said:

The finished color work of the 20" x 30" Silver Surfer page. First time using the Copic Airbrush System. Mixed results, in hindsight I think I would recommend to anyone else to not use it or if they want to use it to buy the version that attaches to an actual air compressor rather than using the air canister method I used. It is to inconsistent. Sometimes I would be holding the spray trigger down and literally nothing was happening.  I would fiddle with it, sometimes change out the air canister when it was getting to cold, other times adding ink to the marker. Some markers wouldn't work at all in the device, so I would switch it out for a different one that would work. In any event, I am sure my customer will be happy with the finished piece.

Silver Surfer Airbrushed.jpg

I started using an airbrush to paint some of my full-size OUTER LIMITS alien busts.  Yeah, definitely need to invest in good equipment (I use a twin-drum compressor, Iwata airbrush and Vallejo acrylic paints).   My first airbrush job, followed by my most recent:

7vQGkUNB_0203180923241sbpi.jpg

kriz5tCC_1201191043401sbpi.jpg

1 hour ago, The Voord said:

I started using an airbrush to paint some of my full-size OUTER LIMITS alien busts.  Yeah, definitely need to invest in good equipment (I use a twin-drum compressor, Iwata airbrush and Vallejo acrylic paints).   My first airbrush job, followed by my most recent:

7vQGkUNB_0203180923241sbpi.jpg

kriz5tCC_1201191043401sbpi.jpg

looks good! The Copic air can system is just so inconsistent, I do not recommend it to anyone.