• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original art and recreations
2 2

167 posts in this topic

Came across this thread while lurking original art and liked your work so much I decided to sign up for these forums. I'm particularly impressed with the color work. What do you use for the color? Also, what kind of general rate do you charge for colored cover recreations?

Came across this thread while lurking original art and liked your work so much I decided to sign up for these forums. I'm particularly impressed with the color work. What do you use for the color? Also, what kind of general rate do you charge for colored cover recreations?

Thanks. I have sent you a PM of details.

Color is typically copic markers, however I have done watercolor as well, the Poison Ivy of the other color piece in this thread is watercolor.

Karl, just came across this thread, WOW, you are talented! And your inking is equally impressive. hm if I could pick one cover or interior... man this is not easy.

hey Scott I will tell you this much my friend Karl's stuff is legit man!!! a couple pages back you can see the AA61 he customized for me...never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined it coming out as cool as it did!! I have quite a few cool books but the first and last thing anyone talks about in my comic cave is this piece!! just pure awesomeness!!!

maybe for you a nice Adventure 40 or a classic MLJ cover or splash :idea: like you said it is hard to choose but whatever you do...if you do...Karl can make it happen!! (thumbs u

Karl, just came across this thread, WOW, you are talented! And your inking is equally impressive. hm if I could pick one cover or interior... man this is not easy.

46 is cool!

Karl does amazing work and is easy to work with, even with some of us picky commissioners. :grin: I have shown his work to some professionals in the industry and they couldn't believe it was not the original.

Edited by Captain Canuck