• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Hitler And Axis Covers Comics Do You Have?
11 11

1,133 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Not exactly what the thread is about but it seems appropriate.  Interior Wolverton page from Target 2/9.  Keep in mind this has a date of Nov. 1941.  Pearl Harbor wasn't until the next month.

image_zps7hagx1jj.jpg

Wolverton did a great Hitler!

On 7/19/2017 at 4:54 PM, telerites said:

I had picked this up off Ebay a while back.  1940 copyright - Hitler and Stalin The Murder Men & Their Plot to Rape the World 

596fc70473f86_HitlerandStalinTheMurderMenTheirPlottoRapetheWorld.thumb.jpg.c24acdc63ef1bfd331096cd76c2e30bd.jpg

Dang!  What a cover!  Some interesting photo manipulation going on there.

Has anyone ever done a rough count of the number of WW2 covers from the war era? I realize there are some borderline ones, early covers where the enemy isn't clearly an Axis power, saboteur covers where allegiance is vague,  some late covers where Axis military figures look redrawn in civilian clothes as they torture U.S military personnel or steal weapons plans, home front and war bond covers that don't exactly feature characters fighting Axis powers, but it would be interesting to know roughly how many books would be covered. 

If you are talking Hitler covers (this is the Hitler thread), they seem to have been pretty well defined and accounted for. If you are talking WWII covers in general, good luck. That spans a TON of books in all genres. I don't even think one could use the Gerber book and count because there are so many not in there. Most people concentrate on the superhero ones, but it seems like all genres had them. It's a task, I wouldn't want to take on...

On 7/13/2017 at 2:43 PM, MrBedrock said:

mystic7.jpg

Grade change alert!!!

Grade change alert!!!

mystic7.jpg

Oddly enough, I just noticed the new deeper lipped holder actually somehow creates richer colors and a truer scan....contrary to what has been perported by another feller on the boards.

Edited by MrBedrock