• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Hitler And Axis Covers Comics Do You Have?
11 11

1,133 posts in this topic

Here's a recent pickup, with Hitler there on horseback carrying the flag....

allstar24_f.jpg

Interesting splash page...just tell us what you think about Germany, Max :cool:

allstar24_i1.jpg

A couple interior shots of Hitler from the "This is Our Enemy" story...D ick is very confused:

allstar24_i2.jpg

allstar24_i3.jpg

Very cool stuff

They look like "Horsemen of Apocalypse". If so, this seems to be a somewhat recurring theme in super-hero comic books: I seem to recall there is a Timely comic with the same idea.

Here's a recent pickup, with Hitler there on horseback carrying the flag....

allstar24_f.jpg

Interesting splash page...just tell us what you think about Germany, Max :cool:

allstar24_i1.jpg

A couple interior shots of Hitler from the "This is Our Enemy" story...D ick is very confused:

allstar24_i2.jpg

allstar24_i3.jpg

Very cool stuff

They look like "Horsemen of Apocalypse". If so, this seems to be a somewhat recurring theme in super-hero comic books: I seem to recall there is a Timely comic with the same idea.

I can't think of a Timely with a Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse cover. The three I'm familiar with are All Star #24 and:

wings18.jpg

blueribbon17.jpg

On 12/15/2016 at 0:32 PM, vaillant said:

That book is one of the more interesting of the period, coming right after the war, justifying it after the fact and supporting strict treatment of occupied Germany.

13 minutes ago, bluechip said:

That book is one of the more interesting of the period, coming right after the war, justifying it after the fact and supporting strict treatment of occupied Germany.

That’s very interesting: do you recall which title and issue was that one?

Just now, vaillant said:

I thought you were replying to my post, as my initial question was about a Timely book with the "four horsemen" theme.

I think All Star 24 does have a four horsemen theme.   Though it isn't the only golden age book which did.   As I recall, there was even a timely book which featured Sub-mariner as one of the horsemen.

2 minutes ago, bluechip said:

I think All Star 24 does have a four horsemen theme.   Though it isn't the only golden age book which did.   As I recall, there was even a timely book which featured Sub-mariner as one of the horsemen.

I believe that’s the one! I can’t remember which one it was.

On July 11, 2017 at 4:09 PM, bluechip said:

I wanna say that Subbie was a "horseman" in an early Human Torch story, maybe #5?

On July 11, 2017 at 4:09 PM, bluechip said:

I wanna say that Subbie was a "horseman" in an early Human Torch story, maybe #5?

This Timely horsemen book was recently discussed in a different thread, but I cannot recall which one or which book it is! But I will scroll and attempt to jog my memory.