• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Hitler And Axis Covers Comics Do You Have?
11 11

1,133 posts in this topic

RealLifeComic3front.jpgv

That is superb :applause:

I'm still not clear as to why this "picture magazine" version exists. I've heard Canadian version, which someone said it was not. (shrug)

Here's mine.

RL3brght_zps16eed8d0.jpg

It can't be Canadian, Canadian comics were 15 cents at the time.

RealLifeComic3front.jpgv

I'm still not clear as to why this "picture magazine" version exists. I've heard Canadian version, which someone said it was not. (shrug)

Here's mine.

RL3brght_zps16eed8d0.jpg

I don't get why they would go to the trouble of making 2 versions. Then the questions arrises to which version is the more rare one?

RealLifeComic3front.jpgv

Here's mine.

RL3brght_zps16eed8d0.jpg

I don't get why they would go to the trouble of making 2 versions. Then the questions arrises to which version is the more rare one?

My copy also lacks the "Picture Magazine." I suppose going through the HA archives might be one way to have a rough gauge of relative rarity.

I'd never seen the Picture Magazine version. Only 1 out of 5 Heritage copies has that instead of Comics, and the only copy on ebay is also a Comics version. A quick check of all issues for sale on ebay only shows one Picture Magazine version of the title, an #18

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Real-Life-Picture-Magazine-18-1944-Schomburg-war-cover-Jack-London-VF-/311668774334?hash=item4890e815be:g:64kAAOSw3xJXoUTY

Here's a recent pickup, with Hitler there on horseback carrying the flag....

allstar24_f.jpg

Interesting splash page...just tell us what you think about Germany, Max :cool:

allstar24_i1.jpg

A couple interior shots of Hitler from the "This is Our Enemy" story...D ick is very confused:

allstar24_i2.jpg

allstar24_i3.jpg

Here's a recent pickup, with Hitler there on horseback carrying the flag....

allstar24_f.jpg

Interesting splash page...just tell us what you think about Germany, Max :cool:

allstar24_i1.jpg

A couple interior shots of Hitler from the "This is Our Enemy" story...D ick is very confused:

allstar24_i2.jpg

allstar24_i3.jpg

Very cool stuff

Here is a Thrilling Comics #41 with Hitler and Mussolini on ebay right now....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thrilling-Comics-41-Classic-Hitler-Mussolini-cover-CGC-4-5-OW-WHITE-Pgs-/311694729331?hash=item4892742073

Love the bed and sheets....great Schomburg cover!

Yeah, that one is a classic.

Here is a Thrilling Comics #41 with Hitler and Mussolini on ebay right now....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thrilling-Comics-41-Classic-Hitler-Mussolini-cover-CGC-4-5-OW-WHITE-Pgs-/311694729331?hash=item4892742073

Love the bed and sheets....great Schomburg cover!

That is fantastic! Great propaganda cover. I was going to comment on the absence of Mussolini, then I noticed him hiding under the bed.Too funny!

Forgive me if this photo has been shared before but came across it on a classic movie site. Bogie!

FB_IMG_1480007313779_zpsfyvvmeo3.jpg

bcc3_zpsece6049a.jpg

Brings it full (Blue) Circle :D

And sweet copy! Bogies? :baiting:

Yep. It has the tell-tale "s" he put on all his books to keep Lauren Bacall from swiping them. :D