• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Hitler And Axis Covers Comics Do You Have?
11 11

1,133 posts in this topic

On 6/19/2019 at 12:27 PM, Cat-Man_America said:

Can’t stop there though.  Hitler was always destined to lead an underground movement ...six feet underground... and this provides proper context, including decomposing green skin, nazi zombie and skeletal minions, even a disgusted worm crawling out of his ear!  :insane:

edited-image_zpsi3dkd2ao.png

Perhaps the only Nazi Zombies on a Timely cover?

On 6/18/2019 at 8:59 AM, rjpb said:

Has anyone ever done a rough count of the number of WW2 covers from the war era? I realize there are some borderline ones, early covers where the enemy isn't clearly an Axis power, saboteur covers where allegiance is vague,  some late covers where Axis military figures look redrawn in civilian clothes as they torture U.S military personnel or steal weapons plans, home front and war bond covers that don't exactly feature characters fighting Axis powers, but it would be interesting to know roughly how many books would be covered. 

I have WW2 cover numbers etc.  for Timely comics.  If you’re interested I can dig em up.

Edited by Knightsofold

33 minutes ago, Knightsofold said:

I have WW2 cover numbers etc.  for Timely comics.  If you’re interested I can dig em up.

Sure, if it's not too much trouble. I'm sure i'm not the only one who would be interested in knowing how many Timely war covers there are.

53 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Grade change alert!!!

Grade change alert!!!

mystic7.jpg

Oddly enough, I just noticed the new deeper lipped holder actually somehow creates richer colors and a truer scan....contrary to what has been perported by another feller on the boards.

Either MrB has a magical scanner ...I need to know which crossroad and what kinda long term deal he made... or my brilliant friend has developed a better system of scanning images than HA.  In either case, I genuflect to his expertise as the colors do look truer in the recent scan than it’s predecessor.  The whites might’ve dipped slightly due to the lip or adjustments needed to achieve this level of color uniformity, but that’s not a big issue.  One thing I’ll say without reservation, the book bumped better than I’d have expected.  Congrats!

Here’s an older HP scan of my 9.2 copy, also in a crystal clear holder, but our labels vary...

ccf2ee3d-cb89-49d6-85b5-4d9193949b72_zps

Both books are super sweet copies, grade, PQ, dust-shadows, holders, etc., notwithstanding. (thumbsu

6 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Here’s an older HP scan of my 9.2 copy, also in a crystal clear holder, but our labels vary...

ccf2ee3d-cb89-49d6-85b5-4d9193949b72_zps

Both books are super sweet copies, grade, PQ, dust-shadows, holders, etc., notwithstanding. (thumbsu

Beautiful book, Cat! It really is hard to tell that it even has a color touch.

I'm going to cheat to get in on this thread - cause I don't actually seem to own any other Hitler covers :)  Avert your eyes, purists!

Zip Comics #20. Prices for this issue seem to have been on the rise lately, and while I don't like to buy cover-less GA books I made an exception in this case since its key status is less about the cover and more it being the first appearance of Black Jack. With that I decided to save some money and picked up a cover-less copy for $100, making a cover reproduction myself (buying a reproduction online was too expensive due to shipping to Canada it seems) and the printing house I use was able to match the GA paper stock fairly easily (which I then banged up and added some slight wear to it to better match the interiors)

zip20.jpg

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 6/20/2019 at 3:30 PM, MrBedrock said:

Grade change alert!!!

Grade change alert!!!

mystic7.jpg

Oddly enough, I just noticed the new deeper lipped holder actually somehow creates richer colors and a truer scan....contrary to what has been perported by another feller on the boards.

This is gorgeous....What a book. Man oh Man!!!!! My oh My!!!! Crazy Cool!!!!! Simply Spectacular!!!!! An absolute frenzy of fantastical fiends and Foes...F**k thats phenomenal haha!!