• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets See those WWII Japanese Covers
8 8

915 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

97b6376e-de4e-4e03-b37b-d0be5c7bc912_zpsbt1m1tso.jpg.63b1d1c818e638a531e4af5bedb4fb73.jpg

That was the first GA book I bought, Cat, and from a mutual acquaintance - Wilt Conine.  Mine is a rag shown below which I had graded.  I was a teenager in the mid-70s and Wilt let me dig through his caved-in stacks of long boxes in his garage and as @MrBedrock has said,  Wilt may have claimed it to be mint (Conine-Mint, that is).  lol 

I always wondered how the Navy officer in the back room sat calmly at his desk reading with all the commotion.  His door, if there is one, is wide open.

0902181910191.jpg

Edited by telerites

15 hours ago, telerites said:

That was the first GA book I bought, Cat, and from a mutual acquaintance - Wilt Conine.  Mine is a rag shown below which I had graded.  I was a teenager in the mid-70s and Wilt let me dig through his caved-in stacks of long boxes in his garage and as @MrBedrock has said,  Wilt may have claimed it to be mint (Conine-Mint, that is).  lol 

I always wondered how the Navy officer in the back room sat calmly at his desk reading with all the commotion.  His door, if there is one, is wide open.

0902181910191.jpg

Definitely Conine-mint! (thumbsu

That Officer in the back room appears to be part of a special deaf & blind unit tasked with protecting government secrets through uniquely limited communication skills.  This elite tactical unit was gradually phased out after the war, moved to the Pentagon and placed in charge of Appropriations. 

:tink:

a rarely seen Japanese tank in the jungle cover

Although initially the Japanese used tanks to good effect in their campaigns, full-scale armored warfare did not occur in the Pacific and Southeast Asian theaters as it did in Europe, and tank development was neglected in favor of naval activities. The best Japanese designs were never used in combat as they were kept back in expectation of defending the Japanese Home Islands

Our Army at War #48