• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

Oh! - FYI for those liking the B&V Spectacular covers - the title was cancelled due to sales short-falls of only a few hundred copies.

If you ever wanted to pick-up a copy, know a kid that needs a new comics, and/or just wanted to leave some copies at bus stops to promote comics - now might be a good time to grab a copy or two of this title! If it makes a "blip" on the Archie radar, we may get lucky and avoid losing this title.

I know they are very well aware of the facebook group and the "grass-roots" organizing I am attempting here, there and everywhere.

Okay - have to post this (unless I already did -- then it looks like I have to post again!)

BVHW.jpg

Very nice! One of the better modern Archie covers I've seen :applause:

If you like that - here's the original art!

BVSP.jpg

:takeit:

Those are absolutely great covers! I love the way that the girls used to try and "pick-up" Jughead in the older books.

In my "crystal ball of the Archie universe that will never happen" - I always imagined Betty and Jughead as married.

In my "crystal ball of the Archie universe that will never happen" - I always imagined Betty and Jughead as married.

Well, Jughead has alluded a few times to having a crush on Betty. In one of the modern stories, he tells her if he was looking for a girlfriend, he would ask her out (or something along those lines.) He always tries to get Archie to pick Betty, since she's the nicest and most down to Earth of the famous female duo.

4-1.jpg

I always thought Jughead and Veronica would make an interesting couple, IMO.

She came from Greece, she had a thirst for knowledge

She studied sculpture at Saint Martin's College

That's where I caught her eye

She told me that her Dad was loaded

I said "In that case I'll have rum and coca-cola

She said "fine"

And then in 30 seconds time she said

"I want to live like common people

I want to do whatever common people do

I want to sleep with common people

I want to sleep with common people like you"

Well what else could I do?

I said "I'll see what I can do"

I took her to a supermarket

I don't know why

but I had to start it somewhere

so it started there

I said "pretend you've got no money"

but she just laughed

and said "oh you're so funny"

I said "Yeah

Well I can't see anyone else smiling in here

Are you sure

you want to live like common people

you want to see whatever common people see

you want to sleep with common people

you want to sleep with common people like me?"

But she didn't understand

she just smiled and held my hand

3154551570_961bf03919.jpg

I didn't realize how much Ginger and I had in common until I got this book! I usually always have a crush on one of my teachers.

2761097554_1056b3bc89.jpg

This comic, aside from being a great cover, has a lot of sentimental value for me. My dad got it for me when I was 12, so it was my first real "collectible" comic. Didn't take it out of the bag to read, either.

Here are some of the best/my favorite Archie/Veronica covers. Even in the modern stories it seems he prefers Veronica over Betty, which is a shame since you know, Betty's so nice and all.

20-1.jpg

40-1.jpg

47-1.jpg

54-1.jpg

I seriously think Betty could do much better, IMO.

pep55.jpg

At what point was it determined that Jughead shouldn't like girls? I like him better as someone who likes girls, but perhaps is disdainful of going after every pretty girl a la Archie.