• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

Just got back from day one of the Boston show. At the show I had a chance to meet Archie variant cover artist Ramon Perez. I commissioned him to add to the Archie art jam piece I've been putting together for awhile now (which I have shown a couple times before).

It's a bit weird, but it's the Archie gang as cast members of Ed Brubaker's Captain America. Previously I had Jeff Shultz draw Jughead as Captain America, and Dan Parent draw Betty as Sharon Carter.

This time, Ramon added Archie as The Winter Soldier.

I'm pretty stoked with how it came out. There are still some characters and artists I am hoping to eventually add to this piece, but I'm happy with how the addition of Archie really rounds this out. I also appreciate the small detail he added of Archie looking over at Jughead - mirroring Betty, and giving the impression Jughead and Archie are glancing at each other just before they both nod manfully and wade into a doomed batch of Hydra agents or something.

SAM_1688.jpg

Detail:

SAM_1693.jpg

Much needed :bump:

My newest additions :)

Scan-141129-0003_zpse37b8972.jpg

Scan-141129-0002_zps7de40a9b.jpg

Great snag on the Laugh 20 Steve, glad you got it. I was able to get my hands on the two copies I was looking for as well.

Laugh22_zps81ce605c.jpg

Laugh31_zps066a7388.jpg

And just cause I didn't post it on this thread before, and because ... well, because! :banana:

302-0914-1011a_zpse3b168d4.jpg