• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

I also do Suzie....This Stunner is so close to mint.... I was concerned about the upper left top corner, you can see a big defect that really killed the grade on this one, but considering its age (1950)and that it was a bokk I owned for over twenty years, I was happy.

arch-6.jpg

I LOVE this thread!

Never been a big fan o' Archies but the period covers are awesome!

Might have to look into picking up a few of the Monster theme covers!

Lucy, got any Dracula/wolfman covers?

popcorn.gif

This one was a mid grade for me, but I still dig the covers with records on them!!!

Thats how it is in my room!

Hey, Lucy....here's a couple of pieces of illustration I did a couple of years ago for a set of CD compilations of greatest hits from different era's. Thought you might get a kick.....

platters.jpg

deejay.jpg

Don't have a scan of one, but I've always considered Archie's Pals 'n Gals #1 to be one of the classic Archie covers of all time. Beautiful cover showing the love triangle between Archie, Veronica, and Betty in solid bold red and blue colours.

Also consider this to be one of the more undervalued Archies since it is an #1 issue from the early 50's which is extremely tough to find in grade. Squarebound 120 page book which is still valued at only $850 in the OS guide.

Anybody have a copy which they can scan in for me.

Here you go:

369605-palsngals1.jpg

369605-palsngals1.jpg.c11173577cf96f1b58b36fda6f5487f2.jpg

Edited by 143ksk