• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

Hey 143ksk

I have the Archie 114 "variant" cover; yeah!?!?

This one has the cop with a mustache, arresting Archie, while somehow managing to remain conscious with an arrow through his head, and Fred Flinstones Pebbles as seen through the eyes of Goggles Paisano, making off with the SWAT truck. 893whatthe.gif

Pretty action packed for an Archie cover! 27_laughing.gif

372352-Archie114.jpg

372352-Archie114.jpg.a26924542d8f25c67909d949ede14c19.jpg

Hey 143ksk

I have the Archie 114 "variant" cover; yeah!?!?

This one has the cop with a mustache, arresting Archie, while somehow managing to remain conscious with an arrow through his head, and Fred Flinstones Pebbles as seen through the eyes of Goggles Paisano, making off with the SWAT truck. 893whatthe.gif

Pretty action packed for an Archie cover! 27_laughing.gif

sign-funnypost.gif893applaud-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

Edited by Shield

Yeah, I have some of those variants, too. They usually seem to revolve around mustaches although I had a Thor 126 with blood added to the Thor/Hercules battle--very realistic.

My favorite find was an Archie issue that someone had added some detail to the Betty and Veronica images. If you get my drift... wink.gifinsane.gif

This thread (big thanks to 143ksk, Shield, LucyBop, et. all contributors) made me realize how much I REALLY enjoyed Archie comics growing up as a kid, and the hours of fun and laughter from reading them and sharing the stories with friends and family. Although these covers are truly fantastic to see again, and some for the first time, its the stories, the artwork, the humor and classic situational comedy that IMO really seals these books as instant classics. It goes without saying that this thread has also given me resurging interest in continuing my goals to collect them all once again. thumbsup2.gif

They were a huge part of my childhood, they helped me learn to read and have better English......

I like all Comics, I have Superheros, I do prefer DC, but, Iove em all, however,

the Archie series is very special and dear to my Heart!!!!

More ARCHIES for me!

I had/have five cousins. As a kid, the older three cousins seemed basically 'grown up' to me, as they were 3, 4 and 5 years older, respectively. They generally didn't let the younger cousins participate in their activities...but the youngest of the three, 'Fritzie,' had a stash of several hundred Archie books under her bed. She let my brother and I not only enter her bedroom, but paw through the Archies at our leisure. This would have been when I was 6-8 years old, in the very early '70s. Needless to say, she was by far the favorite cousin smile.gif She deserves much of the credit (blame?) for getting me hooked on funnybooks in the first place.