• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auction thread to help ComicGrinder

934 posts in this topic

I'll offer a fake Amazing Fantasy #15.

It's complete, with the adverts and all the stories. Here's a picture:

pressing3.jpg

And yes, it's surely a copyright infringement but i had originally made it for me only (in fact, my only opportunity to have a NM+ copy of this book :insane:).

I'll also take care of the shipping cost (thumbs u

Can you tell me a little bit more about how this was constructed? Looks like a pretty nice job.

$25

\

I'll throw $50 off the bat to the Grinder cause for the fake AF #15.

:gossip: At least I can maybe fool my 10 year old daughters with it. :whistle:

So far:

Caliber Presents 1 CGC Q 9.4 - $30

Detective Comics 403 CGC 7.5 - Neal Adams SS -$35

FF 158 CGC 9.4 $25

FF 179 CGC 9.4 $25

Wolverine #2 CGC 9.6 w/ Free Shipping - $45

Ultimate Elektra and Daredevil #1 CGC 9.4

Daredevil # 185 CGC 9.2 Frank Miller Art - $50

Aquaman #1 CGC 9.6

CHERRY POPTART 2 - CGC 9.6 W REPRINT - OPENING BID = $15

Shiverbones OA - Oil on canvas - 8"x10" "I'll Love You Forever" - $100

Daredevil Lot w/ Free Shipping - $20

36 4.5, 49 2.0, 121 4.5, 124 5.0, 143 6.5, 160 7.0,162 5.0, 164 7.0 165a 5.0,

165b 5.0, 166 5.0, 173 7.0, 177 7.0, 178 7.0, 181 7.0, 183 7.0, 184 7.0, 186 7.0,

187 7.0, 188a 2.0, 188b 7.0, 189 7.0,190 7.0,

Not scanned

216 7.0, 238 7.0, 255 7.0, 321 7.0, 322 7.0

Conan 37 (Neal Adams) NM Raw - $20

fake Amazing Fantasy #15 w/ Free Shipping - $20

Miracle Man 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (All NM- or better, except iss 5 which is about VFish) $1

Amazing Spider-man 300 CGC 9.4 via ComicSafari

By the way, THANK YOU Count. This is exactly what I planned to do tonight, but you just made it that much easier for us all.

pressing3.jpg

And yes, it's surely a copyright infringement but i had originally made it for me only (in fact, my only opportunity to have a NM+ copy of this book :insane:).

Can you tell me a little bit more about how this was constructed? Looks like a pretty nice job.

$25

Sure, well the most difficult was to find good scans of the interior.

When i found then, i used a DTP software, and printed my job on an A3 printer (Xerox Docucolor). The cover was printed using a thicker paper.

I then used a paper cutter and a stapler (a stapler that you can use on A3 page !).

Looks simple but i can say you that i had to make numerous tests before having something satisfying...

The copy you see in the picture is one of my first production and i was not satisfied with the interior (it's why i used and destroyed it in my joke thread about pressing).

Thanks for your bid (worship)

Okay team, let me get into work and I'll get this started, with auction rules to clarify how we want to raise funds to help a fellow forumite (James/ComicGrinder)

Sorry if I'm out of the loop here. But what is it that's wrong with James? Why does he need some money? Thanks

Martin

Okay team, let me get into work and I'll get this started, with auction rules to clarify how we want to raise funds to help a fellow forumite (James/ComicGrinder)

Sorry if I'm out of the loop here. But what is it that's wrong with James? Why does he need some money? Thanks

Martin

Info :baiting:

pressing3.jpg

$25

When i found then, i used a DTP software, and printed my job on an A3 printer (Xerox Docucolor). The cover was printed using a thicker paper.

I then used a paper cutter and a stapler (a stapler that you can use on A3 page !).

Looks simple but i can say you that i had to make numerous tests before having something satisfying...

The copy you see in the picture is one of my first production and i was not satisfied with the interior (it's why i used and destroyed it in my joke thread about pressing).

More work than I'll ever put in to make a replica.

I bid $75

i'm donating longshot #1 CGC SS 9.2 signed by art adams. shipping is on me to anywhere. starting bid $10

9fb7ca95.jpg

BID $20.00

BID $25.00

if bidding goes over $50, :wishluck: i'll throw in longshot 1-6 RAW signed by arthur adams back in 04, i know issue #1 says 03, but arthur adams was astonished by my good looks and forgot the year. issue #6 sig is slightly smudged due to ink not drying quickly enough. (shrug) the books are 9.2-9.8 grade.

th_7ed9c7e3.jpgth_17c04673.jpgth_6378356f.jpgth_ba8f4a35.jpgth_bc79a6d0.jpgth_108a8a00.jpg

pressing3.jpg

$25

More work than I'll ever put in to make a replica.

I bid $75

I bid 100.00