• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

I was in a NEC store this afternoon and found an original special edition #2 in the back of the rack (not in a bag on board or anything) I was so excited I grabbed it and placed it between a bunch of other comics and set it on the counter and the register.  The cashier rang up all the comics and when he got to that one it didn't have a bar code or price so he just rang it in for $1.50!  SCORE!  ...I got out to the car to show my wife my steal of the day only to discover it was one of the limited edition reprise issues that someone had taken the blue cover off of.  For a buck fifty I don't feel bad but my super excitement went away quickly.  It only goes to show you get what you pay for.

Ha!  I know the feeling!  I just got my autographed copy of The Tick screenplay -script for a measly $25.00 donation for a good cause...but I could tell immediately that it was a xerox copy with a sharpie written over a copy of the signature!  

One new cover and one unknown.  The picture on the left, if I am correct is the 2018 Free Comic Book Day in May.  I can't figure out what the image on the left came from (or is for). It's got Barry Hubris playing a video game.  I assume they're in the headquarters / mansion but I'm not positive of that.

tick pics.jpg

2018_lg.jpg

L.A. Readers: Win Free Tickets to See New Episodes of ‘The Tick’ with Live Cast Performance

the-tick-image-slice-600x200.jpg

With The Tick returning to Prime Video next week, we’re giving away something neat to some of our readers: tickets to a special screening of The Tick in Los Angeles. You have a chance to be among the first to watch two new episodes of the show followed by a special performance featuring Tick stars Peter Serafinowicz, Griffin Newman, and Scott Speiser and Alex Corea (The Attack). Stick around afterwards to mingle and enjoy some snacks and drinks.

To enter for a chance to win a pair of tickets please email thecollidermailbox@gmail.com with the subject line “Destiny or Bust” and include your name and the name of your guest. The event takes place February 22 at 7:30pm in the Hollywood area, so please only enter if you are available to attend. We’ll be accepting emails until Monday, February 19 and we’ll contact the winners via email by Tuesday, February 20. Additional details regarding the event, including the exact location, will be provided to winners.

The Tick and Arthur round up the gang in a crash collision course between justice and villainy. New episodes available to stream on Prime Video on February 23.

18 minutes ago, comiconxion said:

I won!  But, what's confusing is that the confirmation I received is for Friday night which is the 23rd, not the 22nd as advertised.  Hope I don't show up and will have missed the party.  

:whee::applause::whee:

Photos or it didn't happen.

:baiting:

19 minutes ago, comiconxion said:

I won!  But, what's confusing is that the confirmation I received is for Friday night which is the 23rd, not the 22nd as advertised.  Hope I don't show up and will have missed the party.  

Got to be a number to call...

Oh and congratulations!

47 minutes ago, vsndesigns said:

Bosco you rocked it!  I won!  I won!  I won!  My wife and I will be heading down THURSDAY to the Upright Citizen's Brigade...the second email from Steven corrects the first one, thank goodness chum!  Spoooooooooonnnnnnn!!!!

Yes, I sent a message after I received the initial message and they corrected it - Thursday night it is!  Glad I asked.  I'll see other Tick fans there...

3 hours ago, comiconxion said:

Yes, I sent a message after I received the initial message and they corrected it - Thursday night it is!  Glad I asked.  I'll see other Tick fans there...

Yeah, I thought it would have been anti-climatic if the Premiere happened the day after the initial release date!  Thanks for getting that all cleared up!

10 hours ago, Brian Bollinger said:

I'm so jealous.  That will never happen in New England.  I'm happy for you guys though.  It sounds like an awesome time!  Don't forget to bounce across a few rooftops while you're there.  :-)

My wife and I are soooooo  stoked!  I'll try to bring in my DSLR and see if I can take some decent pics while I'm there!  If you see a short chubby Japanesie guy wearing these things, well, that's me!   Please come up and say hi!     

20180222_074126.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:39 PM, comiconxion said:

It looks like the person I was going to bring to the event tonight had something come up.  If a big Tick fan wants a single ticket to go to the Tick premiere in Hollywood tonight, send me a PM and I can try to get you in.