• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Brian Bollinger said:

Cool Vic!  I knew the comic book price was a homage to some Norman Rockwell image but didn't know which one.  That's great!   ...and the comic site is pretty easy to remember...  TickComics.com

Wes Harman will be working on the coloring.

Dude!  You got a shout out in The Tick Comic No. 3!  Awesome!  "Shout Out To:  Mega-Tick Fan Brian Bollinger Created A New Website Devoted to Cataloging Tick Comics!  Check It Out At: www.tickcomics.com!"  Now that is cool!

I've known for a month.  I was pretty excited when they told me they wanted to do that.  The cool part is, I've already had one other collector email me and let me know of a couple comics that I was missing.  They weren't rare or anything - I just missed them as 3rd variant covers.  (The massive summer double spectacles - limited edition covers)  I was able to pick up the missing issues on eBay right away for under $10 for the pair.

The whole reason I created that site was to that I could check to see what comics as was missing while I was trying to complete my collection.  That way I wouldn't have to try to memorize anything - just look up my collection on line and see if I had the issue or not.  When I initially let NEC know about the site they were kind of like "that's nice... another Tick fan page".

It kind of grew from there.  I saw some people with non-NEC Tick stuff so I thought it would be good to collect and add that.  (Round 2 of research) Then when I felt like it was a close to a complete site I sent NEC an email asking them if they knew of any missing issues.  To which I got a reply similar to "it looks pretty good, but it would be nice to see the trade paper backs as well - they has some nice artwork on those covers".  That sent be back for round 3 of research.  I also added the Newsletters - although other than the first three that had the original appearances of the Tick I don't hunt those down.

Bob Polio was very kind to me at Boston Comic con last summer and put up with all the questions I had about previous Tick comic books.  He was also very helpful and letting know about some of the variant covers that I had not known about or tracked down yet.  When I sent another email to George with a final request for missing issue information (around January sometime) I finally got a "Wow, you've done a good job at tracking down and cataloging the comics... Would you care if we shared your site?"

Of coarse I was honored.  I started working on the site around July last summer.  I'm obviously still missing several issues as evident by my "wanted" page but it been a lot of fun along the way.  And honestly, I think what I liked most about getting serious about my Tick collection is that I never expected to make friends from other Tick collectors.  Everyone has been very nice to me and very helpful - especially from this forum.   A year ago I had stack of Tick comic on boards in bags.  Mostly first prints, and mostly up till about 2000.  After 2000 I mostly piked up non-comic con issues.  I had what ever I didn't have to hunt for.  I had never been to a comic con and didn't know about variant or special covers.

So let me say this hear.  While NEC may have mentioned my name on the inside cover of #3 it wouldn't be there if you guys hadn't help me out and brought me under your comic book collector wings.  THANK YOU!  And may the rooftops never crumble under your feet as you bounce from roof to roof.  (unless you're the guy with the wings.)  Vic, I even still have some of the images on the Tick site that you let me use.  Kelly, you taught me about the grading process and sold me a few high grade comics, Glenn you've help me fill in my collection with some cool signed comics as well.

I'm excited to meet you guys this summer when I attend my first SDCC.  I'm gonna need help... someone will need to show me the ropes of what I need to see and do while I'm at the con.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:20 AM, vsndesigns said:

Can we say...MIND BLOWN!?  Awesome dude!  Can you provide us with a link to The Tick comic website?  This is my authorized print with original sketch and autographs.  I think Billy Tucci is the bomb!  I really have to pick up some of his Shi comics!

37622492226_5785f4ca04_o.jpg

That's pretty awesome.  In addition to being a big Tick art collector, one of my other favorite artists is Norman Rockwell.   Here's something that's never been seen publicly before... his original prelim to this Saturday Evening Post cover.  Nothing better than combining the Tick with Rockwell!

Rockwell_SEP_Willie_Gillis_Cover_Prelim.jpg

IN CELEBRATION OF EASTER SUNDAY, I WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE APRIL 2018, THE TICK FREE GIVEAWAY!  GUESS HOW MUCH IS IN MY TICK COIN JAR AND WHOEVER GUESSES TO THE CLOSEST AMOUNT IN DOLLARS AND CENTS WINS WHAT'S ON THE LEFT HALF OF MY FLYER.  MESSAGE ME WHATEVER ADDRESS YOU WANT ME TO MAIL IT TO AND THAT'S IT.  (TICK JAR AND COINS NOT INCLUDED WITH GIVEAWAY)  GOOD LUCK!

THE TICK FREE GIVEAWAY copy.jpg

Edited by vsndesigns

3 minutes ago, vsndesigns said:

IN CELEBRATION OF EASTER SUNDAY, I WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE APRIL 2018, THE TICK FREE GIVEAWAY!  GUESS HOW MUCH IS IN MY TICK COIN JAR AND WHOEVER GUESSES TO THE CLOSEST AMOUNT IN DOLLARS AND CENTS WINS WHAT'S ON THE LEFT HALF OF MY FLYER.  MESSAGE ME WHATEVER ADDRESS YOU WANT ME TO MAIL IT TO AND THAT'S IT.  (TICK JAR AND COINS NOT INCLUDED WITH GIVEAWAY)  GOOD LUCK!

$77.35 is my guess :) :foryou:

lol I'm already rethinking my guess, but that is part of the fun, right? haha ahhh

I took some change to the store the other day, of course they took 10% in the change machine at the grocery store. Awesome Contest!

And Happy Easter!

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol I'm already rethinking my guess, but that is part of the fun, right? haha ahhh

I took some change to the store the other day, of course they took 10% in the change machine at the grocery store. Awesome Contest!

And Happy Easter!

Thanks Adamantium!  And yup...you're stuck with $77.35.  I'm taking my jar to my bank so they can give me back a receipt...and no 10 percent charge back!  Yikes!  

32 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Wow I didn't know it was from around the world lol 

The More the Merrier!! 

Yeah, ever since The Tick got picked up by Amazon, I figured I'd share the competition literally to around the world.  This one's gonna be fast and furious since its due by 1200am early Sunday morning on April 1st in a couple days!

44 minutes ago, Brian Bollinger said:

Was that an entire --script that was signed?

Well, yes and no.  There was a Indiegogo for Liz Vassey's Organization of choice (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-human-race-documentary#/), and as a gift for participating, they made 5 copies of this available to those who donated a certain amount of do-rey-me and to answer your question.

1).  It is a complete -script of that episode, on the front cover. It is not just a cover sheet.

2).  It was autographed by her at some time.

Now, since you asked, you know me and I am a stickler for details and that being said I can say the following.  I was thrilled to get this copy and was happy to return back to the community.  However, after I received my copy of the -script, I know how to spot out reproductions.  This -script was xeroxed and then, possibly Vassey went back over it with a Sharpie marker, over her original autograph.  The correction marks made inside the -script are also xeroxed.  The original brass plated paper fasteners were not included.  And the paper stock cannot be 17 years old.  The original scripts often had a blue colored construction paper cover, this was not.  The brass fasteners would have made an indention on the last sheet, there was no such mark.  If she did re-autograph the cover, perhaps her fingerprints might still be on there, but I'm not cryptographer, so I wouldn't know.  I have experience at table reads, where a -script is read by the famous actors and changes are made, and I have never seen a -script that wasn't bent from being folded and opened during the read...guess what?...no fold.  Anywho...you should know me by now, that if you ask me a question, I will always let you have it.  I still think this is a pretty cool item, and I'm really glad you're participating.  I hope I didn't take the edge off of this free giveaway by my comments?   Vic out.

On Thu Mar 29 2018 at 8:15 AM, vsndesigns said:

And I added this comic book to the mix...since this IS a comic book forum after all!

1522448212651_20180330_151433_HDR.jpg

On 3/30/2018 at 7:59 PM, vsndesigns said:

And I added this comic book to the mix...since this IS a comic book forum after all!

1522448212651_20180330_151433_HDR.jpg

@everyone ....DRUM ROLLL PLEASE!!!...AND THE WINNER OF THIS MONTH'S FREE GIVE AWAY...IS...BRIAN BOLLINGER!  WHO GUESSED $257.53 AND THE ACTUAL AMOUNT 253.68!  CONGRATULATIONS BRIAN!  Please IM me with an address you would like for me to send your prize.   And Thanks for EVERYONE for playing participating in this months giveaway!   -Vic

THE TICK FREE GIVEAWAY RESULTS.jpg

8 hours ago, Brian Bollinger said:

I got my colorized Tick art.  Billy Tucci did the line art, Wes Hartman did the coloring.  I'll be using it for the TickComics.com site.

tick commission-1.jpg

OMG!  Gorgeous!  I'm gonna go share this and www.tickcomics.com with The Tick Thread on Discord!