• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, vsndesigns said:

My friend Chuck fired me off this link and I just had to share it!  He let me know that http://gerhardart.com/ will be there and I'm wracking my brain to think of how I can combine The Tick with the art from Cerebus!  

Gerhard's backgrounds are amazing.  He can take an average convention sketch and turn it into a masterpiece.  He did the following backgrounds for me, finishing up some Ben Edlund sketches that I had in my collection.  If you're anywhere nearby, come out to the LAX Hilton on July 15th and see Gerhard... bring him something you want him to work on or commission him to do something completely brand new for you!  One hint - just make sure your drawing is on good paper so it can take all that cross-hatching he does.  

As Gerhard lives in Canada, he rarely makes it out to Sothern California.  This probably his first public appearance in LA since he was on tour with Dave Sim in the 80's (like 30 years ago). I'm excited to have him out!

Tick_Cerebus_Edlund_Gerhard.jpg

tick_Gerhard_Edlund_2.jpg

arthur_Gerhard_Edlund_3.jpg

3 minutes ago, Brian Bollinger said:

Thank you Vic for my prize package.  It arrived safe and sound from the warm sunny SoCal to the ice storm ridden NH.  The items have a nice new home.  :-)

:banana:

18 minutes ago, Brian Bollinger said:

I picked this up last week.  It's in rather poor shape (in my opinion) but it had an early Ben Edlund signature in it.  I didn't have one of these signatures yet in my collection.

Tick Cover.jpg

Ben Signature.jpg

Wo!  That's awesome!  I have one with the exact same autograph but with a black pen, and in the Special Edition one...also, 1989...back when he used to sign with his real signature!

12 hours ago, Brian Bollinger said:

The finished artwork for TickComics.com.  Again, drawn by Billy Tucci and colored by Wes Hartman.

tick_header.jpg

It's those rare occassions that I see something absolutely fantastic that just makes me sit back and sigh, "Wow...that's awesome!"

Today was Free Comic Book Day...and it was a blast!  Spoooooooonnnnnnn!!!  I gotta hit the sack right now, but I'll post up some of my stuff tomorrow.  Vic The Tick Guy....out!  ((((hey, that's just what they call me out here on the west coast....it's kinda catchy...okay...I'm delirious...and sleepy)))) I got a sketch cover of The Tick kicking Venom's and knocking his teeth out!!!  Pencil and Ink by Derrell May!  F*&% Yeah!

Gotta jet real quick but before I do here's a... Got to spend a little time with Darrell May of Stranger Comics and he did this for me on Free Comic Book Day.  Venomized was written by Cullen Bunn who also writes for New England Comics The Tick.

41029436245_c14cf86ef0_k.jpg

Hi Vic,

1st - the complete first season Amazon DVDs (Emmy or something) are showing up on eBay.  They seem to be averaging in price at around $30.  I just got one for $30 including shipping and I see a couple more like that.  They have all 12 episodes!

2nd.  There are 5 covers to issue 1 of the 2017 series: (1) NEC Boston ComicCon ashcan by Mike Lilly - black and white cover - Tick in Wolverine #1 pose - limited to 75 (2) NEC Exclusive by Mike Lilly - Tick in Wolverine #1 pose - color cover - limited to 500 (3) NEC Ashcan Edition - Tick and Arthur back to back - black and white - limited to 100 (4) the regular cover - Tick on a ladder or something - color and (5) the 1:10 variant cover - Tick and Arthur back to back - color ... meaning the for every 10 copies of the regular cover (style 4) they will print 1 cover of the variant cover - tick and arthur back to back in color.

So to clarify - it's not actually cover 1 of 10 (meaning there were 9 other covers) it means that there are only 1 of those covers for every 10 of the standard cover.  It was a dealer incentive to get stores (or people like you and me) to purchase extra comics.  in order to get the "limited: variant :-).  I don't know the quantities of style 4 and 5 that were printed.  Variants 1,2, and 3 were only available from NEC.  Variants 4 & 5 were for general purchase.

Hope that helps clear things up.

-Brian

Some people have all the luck!  This is The Flag Five, which played an intrigal part in the new Tick Amazon Prime series.   Members included, Christian Soldier and his pious pooch Onward (Now Midnight), Mighty Atlas, Sedona, Shooting Star, Uncle Samson and his sidekick Straight Shooter (Now Overkill).  I only wish I was the proud owner of this prized object.  That honor goes to Susan Hurwitz Arneson or @batdorkgirl on Twitter.  She's a Co-EP at The Tick, Former Writer for South Park, and currently working on Season 2 of The Tick!  A milestone in The Tick Universe since Patrick Warburton's Series was left with Season 1, with all of us screaming for more.   

THE FLAG FIVE STATUE.jpg

5 minutes ago, vsndesigns said:

Some people have all the luck!  This is The Flag Five, which played an intrigal part in the new Tick Amazon Prime series.   Members included, Christian Soldier and his pious pooch Onward (Now Midnight), Mighty Atlas, Sedona, Shooting Star, Uncle Samson and his sidekick Straight Shooter (Now Overkill).  I only wish I was the proud owner of this prized object.  That honor goes to Susan Hurwitz Arneson or @batdorkgirl on Twitter.  She's a Co-EP at The Tick, Former Writer for South Park, and currently working on Season 2 of The Tick!  A milestone in The Tick Universe since Patrick Warburton's Series was left with Season 1, with all of us screaming for more.   

THE FLAG FIVE STATUE.jpg

How big is this and what is it made of?.  It's quit epic looking.

Hey Brian,

Just thought I'd send a quick thanks for your website.  I'm going through my comics and trying to get them ready to ship to CGC for grading and I've been using the heck out of www.tickcomics.com.  Great site!  CGC Registry finals are coming up and I think I might have a chance to win a certificate...after trying to get up there for decades!

Vic out