• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Brian Bollinger said:

Thank you @vnsdesigns and @oddball.  Now I know I don't need to get the action figure as it has nothing to do with the Tick other than they used a Tick backing board for the package

17 minutes ago, Brian Bollinger said:

Thank you @vnsdesigns and @oddball.  Now I know I don't need to get the action figure as it has nothing to do with the Tick other than they used a Tick backing board for the package

Plus I think it was missing either the gbjr or shocker sticker in front.

On 8/31/2018 at 1:57 AM, Brian Bollinger said:

I know you were working hard on that.  Congratulations!

I tip my hat off to you sir!  You are now the Grand Champion of The World for The Tick Comic Book Collection Registry.  I now pass off the torch to you.  Congratulations!

17 hours ago, srezvan said:

Recent pickups from some board members: the two new NYCC exclusives and NEC Newsletter #16 - the 3rd appearance of the Tick.

Is anyone reading the new series? Was it supposed to end after 4 issues, or did not just not sell well?

1897229844_TickComics01.thumb.jpg.fbaa9402e07aa77a4ae667a4eb72c971.jpg

1711623303_TickComics02.thumb.jpg.caae9ad45e3013b2e74b9136ab24e469.jpg

Dang Dude!!!  I only wish I could have made it to the NYCC!  As of yet, I still need to add these to my collection if I can ever get my hands on them.  Vic out.

Man...you guys on the East Coast have all the fun!  Peter Laird is supposed to be there who is REALLY hard to get for autographing...and if I had my wishes...I'd ask him to sign my Independent Comic Book Sampler along side with Kevin Eastman.  (((when are they going to invent a Star Trek Transporter so I can just beam over there?!!!)))  Super Megafest Comic Con Fall Fanfest 2018

By New England Super Megafest (OTHER EVENTS)

SAT, OCT 13 201810:30 AMSUN, OCT 14 20185:00 PM

@srezvan  It's my understanding that NEC is attempting to publish Tick on a "regular" schedule with a comic about once every two months.  With that said - if you're not from the NorthEast.  NEC is actually a small chain of comic book stores that happens to publish the Tick Comics and not a stand alone comic book publisher.  So they are pretty busy trying to stay on top of everything comic related - not just publishing Tick comics.

Something to note about the Tick #0 cover: It was primarily penciled by Ben Edlund then inked by Ian Nichols.  So it'a a pretty cool cover with talent from the creator of the Tick and the current Tick artist.

3 minutes ago, Brian Bollinger said:

@srezvan  It's my understanding that NEC is attempting to publish Tick on a "regular" schedule with a comic about once every two months.  With that said - if you're not from the NorthEast.  NEC is actually a small chain of comic book stores that happens to publish the Tick Comics and not a stand alone comic book publisher.  So they are pretty busy trying to stay on top of everything comic related - not just publishing Tick comics.

Something to note about the Tick #0 cover: It was primarily penciled by Ben Edlund then inked by Ian Nichols.  So it'a a pretty cool cover with talent from the creator of the Tick and the current Tick artist.

I've never had an opportunity to visit the stores in person, but I have purchased some neat/random stuff from their website. According to the publication dates for the books listed at mycomicshop.com, they were about 3 months apart, with the last issue coming out in June, and nothing listed for #5. That's what got me a little concerned. It's on my pull list, so maybe #5 will show up eventually. I'll have to be content with the convention exclusives and FCBD editions for now.

Sorry I haven't posted in forever but I just noticed these keep popping up on ebay, you can buy sealed copies of the entire first season of The Tick 2017 series that they send to reviewers etc

There are several but the cheapest I've seen you can 'buy now' was for like ten bucks.

Also check out this groovy duffel bag of the 90s characters

and a card set signed by Edlund

Edited by Takineko

Here are my trophies from SDCC 2018.  #1 Ashcan - gold, #2 Ashcan - red (still hoping for a yellow #2 some day), #2 "special edition" ashcan - used for in house purposes.  I already had these in my collection but I got them signed by Ben then CGCd.  As all of them are kept in mylar since day 1 I was hoping for a 9.8 or even a 9.6.  I'm not sure how they grade ashcan editions - but I'm still happy to have them in my collection.  On the other hand, I had a #1 special edition and #2 special edition that I got signed and they were graded higher than I had hoped for.  So it's all good and evens out in the end.

Tick Ashcans.jpg