• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, comiconxion said:

Alright, as 2018 comes to a close, I got a special gift from my friend Gerhard.  He was able to finish up the sketch covers that Ben did for me in San Diego.  As Gerhard always likes to challenge himself, he took a completely different approach to the sketches this year than he did for the ones he finished for me back in 2016.  What do you think?

Tick0_2018_Combined.jpg

I think that is pretty sweet! :) they'll look nice side by side like that! Love all the straight lines, definitely unique!

On 12/12/2018 at 11:14 PM, comiconxion said:

Alright, as 2018 comes to a close, I got a special gift from my friend Gerhard.  He was able to finish up the sketch covers that Ben did for me in San Diego.  As Gerhard always likes to challenge himself, he took a completely different approach to the sketches this year than he did for the ones he finished for me back in 2016.  What do you think?

Tick0_2018_Combined.jpg

Those have to been to most amazing sketch covers I have seen to date.  Certainly the most unique.

Edited by Brian Bollinger

I just picked up the 3 chainsaw vigilante covers over the weekend.  They're not perfect but they're in really good shape.  (All the pages are white but the covers have a few minor flaws)  Any opinions/advice on leaving them bagged and boarded vs CGCing them?  I want them protected.

3 limited chainsaws.jpg

On 2/5/2019 at 3:55 AM, Brian Bollinger said:

I just picked up the 3 chainsaw vigilante covers over the weekend.  They're not perfect but they're in really good shape.  (All the pages are white but the covers have a few minor flaws)  Any opinions/advice on leaving them bagged and boarded vs CGCing them?  I want them protected.

3 limited chainsaws.jpg

Bag and board them with a good fullback or a couple of regular boards, and a mylar.  IMHO, it's not worth it to submit to CGC and you won't get better protection from doing so.

On 12/12/2018 at 8:14 PM, comiconxion said:

Tick0_2018_Combined.jpg

That is insane. Just insane. Wow.

4 hours ago, Transplant said:

Bag and board them with a good fullback or a couple of regular boards, and a mylar.  IMHO, it's not worth it to submit to CGC and you won't get better protection from doing so.

I once bought a series of the Madman Comics and the guy who sold them to me had them in hard plastic covers similar to the cgc covers but you allows you to open them.  Where he got them from is a mystery to me.   Wo!....The Founder of The Tick Appreciation Thread!  Transplant...I bow down to thee!

A few days ago the season 2 trailer leaked early, I got a bunch of screen shots before it was taken down.

The black hero is named Sage something I think? He says he has the third, blind eye, but then it’s a nipple in the middle of his chest surrounded by mystical tattoos, Tick says it’s looking right at him.

Overkill is begging Tick to let him kill again, and Tick says he needs a hug, and starts chasing him around the room for a hug

Ms. Lint has a new costume with a helmet

Some guy named Rathbone says he’s from AEGIS, we saw in a behind the scenes thing a few months ago his office, his name plaque said Tyrannosaurus Rathbone

When Tick is shaking the stretchy guy’s hand he’s like, “This is kinda fun” and keeps just jiggling it around, the stretchy guy doesn’t seem to mind.

Superian comes flying up with a 5 o clock shadow and several coffees and lands next to Arthur who seems to be sitting on some kind of ancient temple, and he puts an arm on Arthur’s leg and says something like, “I really like you guys, I really wanna help you not go extinct”

Tick says something about Ms. Lint is continuing the spree of evil, the “Spreevil”

Overkill says something kinda snippy at Dot and Dangerboat says, “He runs hot…”

Oh yeah, and Dot was DODGING A F*CKING BULLET AT POINT BLANK RANGE while dressed as Kato 

HUG FIGHT.png

Dot's mask.png

whatchu talkn bout superian.png

superian wants to help.png

headsup.png

lint wtf is you wearn.png

dot eyeliner.png

overdaddy and mommy.png

overdaddy.png

smol bean.png

sparkly eyes spreevil.png

stretchy guy2.png

stretchy guy.png

protect this smile.png

Sage.png

yellow square says danger.png

rathbone.png

lobster attacker.png

dangerplane maybe.png

lobster guy.png

4 hours ago, Takineko said:

A few days ago the season 2 trailer leaked early, I got a bunch of screen shots before it was taken down.

The black hero is named Sage something I think? He says he has the third, blind eye, but then it’s a nipple in the middle of his chest surrounded by mystical tattoos, Tick says it’s looking right at him.

Overkill is begging Tick to let him kill again, and Tick says he needs a hug, and starts chasing him around the room for a hug

Ms. Lint has a new costume with a helmet

Some guy named Rathbone says he’s from AEGIS, we saw in a behind the scenes thing a few months ago his office, his name plaque said Tyrannosaurus Rathbone

When Tick is shaking the stretchy guy’s hand he’s like, “This is kinda fun” and keeps just jiggling it around, the stretchy guy doesn’t seem to mind.

Superian comes flying up with a 5 o clock shadow and several coffees and lands next to Arthur who seems to be sitting on some kind of ancient temple, and he puts an arm on Arthur’s leg and says something like, “I really like you guys, I really wanna help you not go extinct”

Tick says something about Ms. Lint is continuing the spree of evil, the “Spreevil”

Overkill says something kinda snippy at Dot and Dangerboat says, “He runs hot…”

Oh yeah, and Dot was DODGING A F*CKING BULLET AT POINT BLANK RANGE while dressed as Kato 

This sounds awesome!  Thanks so much.

15 minutes ago, Brian Bollinger said:

This just arrived in the mail today!  That rare eBay find (at a super low price) just months after I posted on several sites I was looking for one (and had given up on ever owning one).  Vic, if you're #2 yellow ashcan ever ends up missing... um... it wasn't me. ;-)

1999_12_aa_lg.jpg

Ha!  Too funny Brian!  Congrats on your latest acquisition.  The real secret is, do you know who owns The Golden Rod No. 1 ashcan that accompanies my number 2?  Hmmmm?