• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

On 8/15/2019 at 3:50 PM, vsndesigns said:

Thanks Brian!  I was first trying to get the Council of The Tick, but alas, someone else got it before me.  That was a killer cover with all the iterations of The Tick done by Duane Redhead.  Hmmmm...now who could have acquired that one?  

Um... maybe we could trade some day  :-)  I really like Bumbling Bee.

Edited by Brian Bollinger

On 8/24/2019 at 9:10 AM, Brian Bollinger said:

Wonder if there's any chance for a season 3 if they win... or is it all too late?

Wouldn't that be something?!  Except...I have my doubts.  Netflix holds a huge and dedicated audience, and The Daredevil had 4 full seasons and fans during that time.  I think the Netflix subscribers outnumber Amazon Prime subscribers by ten to one.  Too bad Amazon Prime didn't keep The Tick, they might have brought that margin down quite a bit!  Hey Brian, you know that Billy Tucci poster you sent to me, well, although it didn't quite make the passage here to Tick Central West (hehehe), it lifted in certain areas and guess what?!!!...it's a giant sticker!  How awesome is that!  I'm finally getting to clean up The Tick Museum and I'm gonna leave that piece in my bedroom to warm up during the day, and hopefully it will straighten out.  There's supposed to be a heatwave coming this week.  Later!  Vic

10 hours ago, vsndesigns said:

Wouldn't that be something?!  Except...I have my doubts.  Netflix holds a huge and dedicated audience, and The Daredevil had 4 full seasons and fans during that time.  I think the Netflix subscribers outnumber Amazon Prime subscribers by ten to one.  Too bad Amazon Prime didn't keep The Tick, they might have brought that margin down quite a bit!  Hey Brian, you know that Billy Tucci poster you sent to me, well, although it didn't quite make the passage here to Tick Central West (hehehe), it lifted in certain areas and guess what?!!!...it's a giant sticker!  How awesome is that!  I'm finally getting to clean up The Tick Museum and I'm gonna leave that piece in my bedroom to warm up during the day, and hopefully it will straighten out.  There's supposed to be a heatwave coming this week.  Later!  Vic

Hey Brian, do you know what that blue book mark thing is on this eBay listing?

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

1 hour ago, vsndesigns said:

Hey Brian, do you know what that blue book mark thing is on this eBay listing?

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Well, it's no surprise, my friend Brian Bollinger is now the Reigning Registry Champion on Both Tick Fronts...I tip my hat to you sir, and Congratulations.  I am thrilled to have held that title and can think of nobody better who deserves such accolades.  Job well done my friend.  -Vic

16 minutes ago, Brian Bollinger said:

Hi Vic,

I have no idea what that blue thing is in the Tick Onmibus.  Maybe it's the tassel from his graduation cap :-)  Also, I didn't know I took the lead on the boards.  Thanks!  In time, someone will pass me.

-Brian

I was thinking about bidding on this.  But if you need it I will hold off on it.  https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F352770882000

20 minutes ago, vsndesigns said:

I was thinking about bidding on this.  But if you need it I will hold off on it.  https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F352770882000

I am all set - it's all yours.  I'm down to only needing 3 items. 2015 SDCC Sketch cover (with no printed number on it), a variant cover for the Man Eating Cow Bonanza (that I can't confirm if it exists or not), and... well... you know... the hard to find yellow ashcan #2.

Edited by Brian Bollinger

30 minutes ago, Brian Bollinger said:

I am all set - it's all yours.  I'm down to only needing 3 items. 2015 SDCC Sketch cover (with no printed number on it), a variant cover for the Man Eating Cow Bonanza (that I can't confirm if it exists or not), and... well... you know... the hard to find yellow ashcan #2.

Wait..so you have peas' 1 ashcan yellow?  I was wondering where that went!  Hahaha...well, at least it spans from Coast to Coast.  I should tell you the story about how Rhonda and I were bidding on them sometime.  Say, do I have an extra 2015 sketch without number?  

31 minutes ago, vsndesigns said:

Wait..so you have peas' 1 ashcan yellow?  I was wondering where that went!  Hahaha...well, at least it spans from Coast to Coast.  I should tell you the story about how Rhonda and I were bidding on them sometime.  Say, do I have an extra 2015 sketch without number?  

Well, it's a "Golden Rod" color.  Do you count that as the same as yellow?

ashcans.jpg

3 hours ago, Brian Bollinger said:

ashcans.jpg

3 hours ago, Brian Bollinger said:

ashcans.jpg

Nope, you are absolutely correct.  Its Golden Rod.  But I just wanted to see it and salivate!  Hehehe!  Right on!  We rule!  

1 hour ago, vsndesigns said:

Did yours have any red marks or corrections by George Suarez?  

This one did not.  I used to have one that did... but I lost it.  Somewhere in the process of moving from MA to NH 12 years ago I lost a box of books.  I had 2 ashcans. (#1 and #2 - one was like new, one was worn with marks) to date - they are among the missing books.  :-(  #1 had marks and even some of the panels were either incomplete or different from what was published (if I remember correctly).  It was given to me only a couple years after the Tick came out so there was no demand of it at the time.  The friend that gave it to me told me he got it from his friend who literally took it out of the trash from NEC.  Whether or not that's what really happened, I have no idea. But that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :-)

On 7/26/2019 at 7:19 AM, PeasOfCrap said:

Bob keeps hanging a carrot in front of me about what he has and doesn't have.  Who knows what good china he actually has tucked away.  Does the Ashcan 1 Production actually exist?

Yes. There's a picture of it in this thread somewhere. I have one. I think Bob said they made 100 or so.

On 9/2/2019 at 6:28 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

There's one.

Thanks man, I was referring to The Tick #1 Ashcan but with production notes scribbled inside, if in fact it even exists like the #2.  Awesome to hear that a third #1 ashcan has been identified in a boardies personal collection. 

3 minutes ago, PeasOfCrap said:

Thanks man, I was referring to The Tick #1 Ashcan but with production notes scribbled inside, if in fact it even exists like the #2.  Awesome to hear that a third #1 ashcan has been identified in a boardies personal collection. 

Oh, sorry. I've never heard of that one. I got mine from Bob, but I don't think it's got any production notes. It's signed by Bob and George, but not Ben, but Bob promised he'd get Ben to sign it eventually.

On 9/1/2019 at 8:02 PM, Brian Bollinger said:

This one did not.  I used to have one that did... but I lost it.  Somewhere in the process of moving from MA to NH 12 years ago I lost a box of books.  I had 2 ashcans. (#1 and #2 - one was like new, one was worn with marks) to date - they are among the missing books.  :-(  #1 had marks and even some of the panels were either incomplete or different from what was published (if I remember correctly).  It was given to me only a couple years after the Tick came out so there was no demand of it at the time.  The friend that gave it to me told me he got it from his friend who literally took it out of the trash from NEC.  Whether or not that's what really happened, I have no idea. But that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :-)

Dude, I'm not much for emoticons...but if I were...  AAAAHHHHHHHHRRRRRGGGGGG....EYES POPPING OUT....YIKES!  Okay...wow...now let's see...MA stands for Massachuesetts?  and NH stands for New Hampshire?  hmmm...how many miles between those two?  Based on the time...it was probably found by someone who is in his 40's to 60's? unless it flew off your truck and landed on the highway and exploded...hmmmm...I think we need Scooby Doo on this one champ!

Kickin' it with Da Man...Layron Dejarnette.  Creator of The Garbage Pail Kids Nick Tick!  Dude was awesome and very approachable.  We sat in front of Barnes and Noble and talked about The Tick and the GPK for a couple hours.  For those who don't remember, back in the days the world was invaded by The Cabbage Patch Doll and of course Topps had there say about that.  Wacky Packs, Collector Cards and Stickers were all the rage back then and has had a recent resurgence in the Comic Fans Arena.  In the second to the last series, The Tick makes an appearance in Topps GPK called Nick Tick and of course I had to meet the artist.  Layron was very elegant and really just a pleasure to talk to.  I hope you have the chance to check out his work online as well as all the other work and impact this man has in the Collector and Animation World.  -Vic out.

20190908_131641_HDR.jpg